Issue with a 'Pro'

by - August 26, 2016

Okay lame fact: I am a noob at editing videos. For anyone who uses Sony Vegas Pro 13, how the hell do you work that software out?! I'm starting to experience so many setbacks. It's getting tiring.

Last time I tried Vegas Pro was in Form 4 so that was 2 years ago. But the video was barely a success. I didn't blame the software bcos my laptop back then exceeded the 3 years age already. It was a miracle alone that Vegas still manage to run on it. However, things have change now with my new laptop. At least that's what I thought.

Editing an-hour long video can be intensely frustrating when it comes to the preview lag. I had a video I was editing yesterday. It was a perfectly smooth-sailing experience and rendering took only about 2 hours for a 10 mins clip but figured it was real fast. And then, today happen.

I was editing another video which was recorded somewhat similarly with the same duration and file quality and all. BUT THE PREVIEW JUST WON'T PLAY SMOOTHLY. How can you edit something when you cannot see which part you're editing?! So, I hit YouTube up bcos visual over words anytime, any day. And is2g I at least watched 10 different solution videos regarding it and still couldn't fix it!!

Alright, here's my problem in extra detail. My raw video was lagging on the preview in Vegas Pro 13. Weird thing was its frame rate was not skipping any numbers. The numbers run almost perfectly. But when I watch the preview, the video literally was not changing frame. It kept pausing on certain frame. Its audio on the other hand, plays very smoothly. It got me what-the-helling. No problem was described as similar to mine that I could find online ugh.

Then as I was finding a replacement for a different editing software, I thought of something - conversion. On usual cases with videos, it can play well on certain device or software but suddenly cannot on some other. As if the file is corrupted... but that isn't always the case. My friend had this issue on her laptop before. An MP4 file was transferred from her phone thru a USB to her laptop. It cannot run on hers at all but when I tried with mine, it can. So, I helped convert it to another video format online. Then it work wonders.

This case was no different. It is weird that yesterday's video was fine though it uses the same video format. Oh well, at least I managed to solve it after a veryveryvery long day. So the next time you face a complication with videos not playing, try converting its format.

Here's a good link for short vids but for looong vids try this link instead. Yay to online converters! /nobigdeal

Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.