Stepping into the Kitchen

by - August 14, 2016

I made a little self-discovery back in my hostel; cooking and I aren't compatible. Like my phone and Pokemon Go. That is why I don't play it. But you can never find game apps in my phone anyway.

With the rice cooker my roommate brought, the only thing I cook dengan jayanya was... rice. Ofc when I beg my friend for her rice cooker, mere rice isn't the only plan I had. I did try cooking smtg else.

For example, instant curry! The packaging said I just needed to pour 250ml of water. That's it! How easy is that?? I scissored the packet open then poured the whole thing out into the rice cooker. I didn't have any measuring cup of some sort in the hostel. Do people even measure according to the instructions exactly?? Being the inventive me, I re-used the packet and filled it with water once and pour it into the pot. It looked so sikit so I add another packet of water... Dunno if that's a good idea.

When it started boiling, all my housemate turned to me asking what I'm doing. Imagine, those heads snapping at me. Haha no laa... but I did saw them sniffing the air. You can tell how kebulur we must've been. Using some of my common sense - if not cooking sense - to switch the power off after I figured it boils enough.

For the crucial part of it all; tasting. I scooped a spoonful of curry and was praying hard that it at least tasted something. Anything. And all I tasted was... oil. Bland scoop of oil.

Nobody else ate it. They tried and said "Tawar gila kari kau". Takpe janji sis cuba.

But today I bravely re-entered the kitchen. Obvs I go to the kitchen everyday to get my plates and cutleries BUT that's not my point. So, I was a baker - for the morning. All I did was bake. Only. All the mixing was already prepared by my mum yesterday mueheheh. We made cookiesss. We had two kinds - oatmeal raisin and chocolate chip cookies.

Technically, I didn't exactly made it since ingredients pun I taktahu. Other than the ones stated in their names that is. Welp, I passed out back into the dreamland by noon. I really am not suited with culinary stuff. I hope I have some hope with IT...

Famous Am-- elynn maybe? :p


Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.