Knock-off Penny Board

by - August 09, 2016

Guess what I got?




F.I.N.A.L.L.Y.

It's been 3 years since I wished for this. Even though it is not much of a trend anymore, I still reallyreallyreally wanted it.

A fake penny board!!!
The colour of deck is blue,
A little touch of purple slightly below my shoe,
The thought of naming it Sulley,
A little inspiration given by Disney.

Story Time!!
Back when it was Raya 2014, I placed an order for an inspired penny board on an Instashop. It seemed like a trustworthy shop with good reviews, frequent updates and response so I thought the account was legit. I've been contacting the owner on whatsapp and she told me the pre-order will roughly take 3 weeks. Since I was able to customise it according to my liking, I didn't mind waiting.

After muuuuch consideration from both my mum and I, I banked-in and so I thought I just needed to wait. BUT after 3 weeks had past, I started getting less and less response from the owner whenever I ask regarding my long-awaited order. 3 weeks turned into a month, a month turned into a couple of months and months turned into a year and yet still no news. Both regarding my penny and the owner.

Later, her Instashop was filled with spam from dissatisfied customers. I knew then, that I wasn't the only one. The inspired penny cost me RM175 which I thought was reasonable with shipping and customisation on a friggin glow-in-the-dark deck. GLOW-IN-THE-DARK I TELL YA!! I couldn't do anything to her other than filing a complain. Well I didn't, but I figured someone must've done it. She deleted all the pics on her shop and uploaded pics of her refunds later on. However, that didn't last long until she stayed quiet again.

It was my first experience on buying stuff on Instagram. Tbh, I was traumatised. I told myself, I ain't buying shit online anymore. Especially on a baseless platform like Instagram where no guarantees are given. My mum told me to find one with a legit physical shop next time. Bcos only then if this matter happens again, we know who to blame or to look for.

Therefore after a loong research and observation, I landed my eyes on an Instashop dedicated on selling penny boards - @penny_msia (which is a sub-account of @fass_sport). Back when I first discovered it, they are just like any of those online-based Instashop. I didn't have much faith in them but I decided to just follow up with their updates at that time. Somewhat late last year, they finally opened a shop in PJ. I was like THIS IS IT! THE ONE I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR!!

Recently (early August 2016), a new batch of improved boards are in. They said to have improved the gears on all their penny boards - local and imported. Better trucks and wheels with more choices of colour. So I finally hit up the contact number for more info about the new arrival, and shizz this is what they got:




The prices are vvv reasonable bcos they also include free items like T-tool or a penny bag and stickers. If you're looking for a Penny board - fake or ori, do check out Fass Sport! A Malaysian local skateshop selling cheap and affordable stuff. I highly recommend! You can easily find 'Fass Sport' on Waze and even google knows it.

ABOUT MY CRUISER BOARD!

Brand: Fish Skateboards
Price: RM150
Warranty: 2 weeks
Free item: T-tool and stickers (no free bag for the latest new & improved board)


The colour in this pic is a bit underexposure tho
Girly much?
Don't mind the wheels... KL roads are vvv dirty.

THE ORIGINAL VS. KNOCK-OFF


Original Pastel Penny Australia
Pastel Fish Skateboards
Credits: Picture comparison above are from Google

Pretty similar huh? The only difference between my actual Fish board and the picture is the colour of trucks but the rest are very much the same. 

Here's to more sleepless evenings... Soon.


Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.