It All Begins Here

by - September 04, 2016

Yeap the time has come. The  moment where you'll need to endure the tough and havoc week of university's Orientation Week. I'm now a student, for good.

REGISTRATION

Day 1 is a tiring one. I started packing super late - that night right before the morning I'm leaving huehuehue. As a result, I did not sleep that night. I was already so nervous about Minggu Haluan Siswa (MHS) that I couldn't get a good sleep. On top of that, I didn't even shut my eyes close on our way there. Don't worry, I regret soon after.

For a start, the registration process at the residential area sucks! No doubt. The facilitators in-charge were such a minor help. There weren't a single direction shown leading towards the registration place. My mum I had to go back and forth around the blocks because it was so confusing. They should AT LEAST put up some signs. That could've made things much easier for us.

Before that, my friends and I planned to meet up so that we could secure a good room together. Guess what? Semua lari timing. -_-"

We planned to meet early around 9am. Me and 2 of my other Malay housemates wanted to be in the same room. One friend is coming from Seremban, N9 (but originally from Terengganu) and the other one is from Melaka. That Melaka girl took an hour from the initial time when SHE WAS THE ONE WHO SUGGESTED THAT TIME!! By then, more people started queuing up and getting their room keys. About half an hour after the wait, my Terengganu housemate came and I got so excited to 'check-in' quickly. We confirmed that there was no such room for 3 people but only 2 per room. So, we ditched the Melaka friend. Well we had no choice... either one of us still needed to be cast aside and since she was the one who came the latest, it was just meant to be.

My room
Quiet spacious for 2 people
After having lunch for the last time with my parents, I came back to the hostel tryna settle in the room with my housemate-now-roommate. Until... I was told that we can already pick up our stuff that we left in the store at our previous hostel before our sem break. We resides somewhere out-of-campus last time. The residence is situated quiet a distance and takes about 30 mins by car. I was sighing. Pity my parents who just left. Thank God they're not yet far. So they made a quick turn... for me. Aww.

MHS

Ok. Here's where things get looong. Sit back. Please. You'll need it.

MHS is another name for 'orientation week'. It started at 5pm that evening we checked-in. Ended at 12am or smtg that day. It consists of motivation talks and some get-to-know our facis session. Then it ended. Tiring af bcos of all those travelling and sleepless day and night.

Next day, I woke up at 4.30am bcos... excited? Maybe? This day is the eve for MERDEKA DAYY!!! So we had rehearsals and fun stuff happens. We were taught to sing our state song - Melaka Maju Jaya and UTeM's official song - UTeMku Terbilang. Both songs are pretty jam-able and it was quiet fun as we went out-of-tune countless times. Skip the speech talk bcos BOOORRINGG and move on to performance. Wah, never expected to see UTeM students to be such artistic and talented bunch of kids. Their performance was smtg to be praised about.

The theatrical performance was also an amusing one. I like. Nothing went out of the Merdeka spirit. Our spirits were deffo reaching the moon.

Onto the third day, by now I gave up waking up early bcos we ended at 12.30am last night and I slept at like 2am. I died.  I have really bad memory so I forgot what specifically happened. However I can assure you that nothing much happened. Mostly talks, more talks and around the same thing. I remained seated at the Dewan Besar the whole entire day. Not fun. We had our first and last group activity then. Idk if the purpose was even reached bcos dem activities are considered kindergaten-level. Things was also rushed due to all those time extension that most speakers seems to be best at.

For the fourth day, it's the day with our faculty. We found out our new classmates and which group we're thrown into. My housemate-now-roommate-now-also-become-my-classmate HAHAHAH forever stuck with her. But not complaining though bcos it's wayyy easier to converse with aka gossiping lol. I am placed in the same class as the havoc boys from my entire faculty for diploma. NOO WHYYY??? The mastermind is all in my class, ugh bless me.

Then, the last final day of all. Nothing much happened also. More talks. I am so done and disappointed with their concept of MHS. All they gave us were mere talks. I mean I want some insight on the uni life like a tour, not some added motivation. They had some booths for the co-curricular activities available. But it was so sad that I wasn't allowed to go bcos of their own terrible management. Haih. But on this day they did have someone from the library giving a lil insight but that was that. Up until now, I am still clueless of what extra activities I should and could join.

I don't know the exact truth abt this but I was told that softball is only open for boys. The only sports club I hv been very excited to join in... apparently doesn't exist. Nothing could be more heartbreaking. My dreams of continuing the legacy as a Sri Aman catcher... GONE. But some told me they do have girls in softball so really it's a 50/50 now. Funny thing was those infos I got from all who doesn't even play sports. I just gotta pray that it was just a misunderstanding and seek my Sports Complex advisor to feed my worry soon.

In the mean time, it has been such a tiring week. Melaka is getting extremely heated up that I barely can stop myself from perspiring. Now to settle my worries, I hope next week is gonna be fine and well. And that the classes and lecturers aren't so bad.

Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.