Best purchase from Korea: Kpop Album Review

by - January 22, 2020

Among all the cute things that I bought and the clothes that I shopped, I bought some of the best gifts for myself that I would like to share.

One of it is the PENTAGON album!
I have been obsessed with PENTAGON for the past few months. They even had their comeback while I was in Changwon during the summer. Honestly if I were to be in Seoul at that time, I would have fangirled over their subway ads but damn I was so close yet so far. They had their 9th mini album comeback (Humph! era) while I was there, but I was still eyeing on their 8th (Sha La La era). I only had money to survive so I didn't really have any budget to splurge for unnecessary things during that first trip.

However, since I was already planning to go to Seoul on October 2019, I knew that I would get my hands on their album by hook or by crook. It is recommended that you buy kpop albums at Myeongdong since it is cheapest there and your purchases are also counted in music charts (that's how they claim it to be). Either buy at Myeongdong Underground or a shop in Myeongdong called 'Music Korea' which is a more legitimate-looking kpop shop that only sell albums.

I bought my PENTAGON album at Music Korea. And btw, albums in Korea are wayyyy cheaper than any online stores or music stores in Malaysia... even after conversion. I bought this album for like KRW12,900 and that's like RM45. Where else on earth would anyone get that price for an original album?? Totally a heaven. The most an album would cost is like KRW18,000 which is around RM65 and that is max. Of course different stores do sell it at different prices so I'd say check first before buying if you have the time for that.
If you're lucky and your favourite group is having a comeback around the time of your visit then you are likely to bring home a poster for free. What shock me most was that they gave me PENTAGON's latest comeback's poster when I purchased a previous album of theirs. Lucky thing was... I did prefer their previous album BUT NOT their previous poster. So I'm very blessed to get their latest poster instead. I didn't know that I would  be getting any poster and I was contemplating so much on which album to get because of the poster but I ended up getting the best of both worlds *tears of joy*

The reason I aimed on getting their previous album is because that album is one hella unique album. I was never tempted with any album before this... but yo PENTAGON is just asking for my money.
First of all, it was the first album I've ever seen with a pop-up picture in it. This is the main reason why this album is to die for. Like it is just so beautiful!
Secondly, KINO (my ultimate bias) is a red-head in the comeback!! I was also damn lucky to get my fav trio's CD version (KINO, Jinho & Hui) and also KINO's photocard (more like a bookmark tbh). 
Thirdly, the songs in that album. There's one song in this album by the Ballad Unit called "Till..." and it is one of the songs that lifts my spirit whenever I needed to hear a little motivation. 

Don't give up until that moment
Let's not shed a tear until that moment
This comeback is also the comeback where they uploaded a self-produced song on YouTube called "Genius" and how I wish they have it on Spotify too. It was dedicated to their ups and downs and the lyrics was just very meaningful. 

Yes I'm a genius
An adult with lots of fears
Just as you imagined when you painted your dreams
And now you're a genius
Your wings have yet to spread out
Starting is just half of it
Worrying is next
Burn it up
Catch on fire
Lastly, their overall album concept. The photobook and lyrics were designed so well together. Like you barely realise the lyrics are there cos it is so effortless and aesthetically pleasing when placed among the close-up shots. Then at the back cover they put a square-shaped glossy paper with the caption "Raise your head, you're a genius" at the bottom intended to reflect an image of yourself for you to see. Like if that doesn't let you feel the uniqueness, idk what else can.
Basically that is all about my album purchase/review. What makes it extra special is that this album is the first kpop album that I've ever bought. Not the first that I own tho. The first one is BTOB's album that I got from a Samsung event signed by Sungjae on 2018 (exactly on my birthday - 11th October). Got luckier by the year hehe. I wonder what's my 2020's birthday gonna be like...

P.S. I was also looking for PENTAGON's lightstick but I literally ask anywhere that I could - Myeongdong Undergound, Insadong's kpop store and even Cube Cafe, but all told me it was sold out :'(


Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.