Personality-clashes

by - January 20, 2020

Personally, as absurd or superficial as it sounds, I actually enjoy doing personality tests. Be it temperaments, horoscopes or blood types, I feel like some - if not all - of them have a little bit of certainty to how and why we act around other people. Personalities are always such an interesting topic to talk about with friends. Every time I point out something about my friend, there will always be a moment where I discover something new about myself instead. And you know what they say, DON'T WE JUST LOVE A LITTLE SELF-DISCOVERY!

Just few days ago, I took 3 different sets of personality tests from the same website and some actually gave me pretty similar results about my personality - which I find quite fascinating. The tests that I took were namely Holland Code (RIASEC), DISC Assessment and Cattell's 16 Personality Factors. So let us talk about them.

Holland Code (RIASEC)

RIASEC is an abbreviation of Realistic, Investigative, Artistic, Social, Enterprising and Conventional. After taking the test, they will summarize your options and give you a three-letter Holland summary code which will tell you your combination of interests. I got AES or in other words; Artistic, Enterprising and Social, which means that my top three characteristics are creating, persuading and helping.

Artistic (A); It said that my key personality traits are independent, intuitive, sensitive, imaginative and spontaneous, whereas my core values are individuality, creativity, originality, freedom and flexibility. 

It also states that "Your primary career goal will be to decide on the best outlet for your artistic talent and creative expression, and then to create a plan for channeling your inspiration into a profitable career."

Enterprising (E); The key personality traits are assertive, energetic, confident, ambitious and adventurous. The core values are influence, leadership, risk-taking, achievement and initiative

It states that "Your primary career goal will be to find a job where you can take the lead to start and carry out initiatives, act quickly and decisively to set a course, and use your charisma to influence others."

Social (S); My key personality traits are compassionate, patient, helpful, friendly and generous. My core values are cooperation, service, altruism, connection and compassion. 

It says that "You strive to dedicate your work life to serving, caring for, and inspiring others. You are highly attuned to the needs of the people around you and gain satisfaction from attending to those needs."

Ok done with the results. So my take on the Holland Code would be that I am actually more artistic that I thought I was hahaha. It's actually pretty funny but I recently came to realisation that most of my dream careers are actually media-based. To me, I don't see media or art as something profitable in the long run based on how my current capability is but I do feel like I enjoy most doing it. However, this is coming from my noob self who aren't really comfortable and unworthy of calling myself an 'artist' of any kind. Well, this is exactly why my 2020 resolutions is to find ONE craft I could improve on... in hope I would find the one I've been looking for lol. 

For Enterprising and Social, I always hate to admit it but deep down I know that I am confident, I am ambitious and I do have leadership skills in me. My main reason on hating it is because I don't want people to view me as someone bigger than I really am and put all kinds of expectations on me. I know it doesn't make much sense but I don't like when people depend too much on me for having those qualities alone. And as much as I hate socializing around many people, I guess I will always be seen as a social person for having such characteristics.

You too could take the test here >> Holland Code <<

DISC Assessment

DISC is also an abbreviation for Dominance, Influence, Steadiness and Conscientiousness. My main personality type is Dominance (D). The first sentence that describes me says "People of type D, first of all, are individualists." Wow.

If you look through the weaknesses, I totally agree with all. No matter how much I try to be considerate of others, usually it's hard to change my initial opinion on things. I don't see things in detail and always go for the big picture. That is why setting goals always help me somehow even when I clearly have no clue how to achieve them. I am totally guilty of critizing others without thinking and I would like to blame it on my terribly honest mouth. Overly controls others are also true cos my decisions usually end up being what my friends and I would do in a group. I also despise interfering with a conflict. I hate when faced with conflicts... I would just change the topic to change up the mood. Also I can no doubt work for a long time when I set my mind up to something.

The strengths are also 100% agreeable.

You too could take the test here >> DISC Assessment <<

From the same test, it says these are what my Myers-Briggs' personality types would be aaandd...

LOOK! Turns out, I am an INTJ! Assertive and me... tak dapat dipisahkan.

Cattell's 16 Personality Factors Test

This personality test is somewhat a confusing one and the results are hella long as it gives me the percentage for each characteristics. 

1. Warmth; 30%
Warmth is how nice to people you are, so I am impersonal (unbiased), distant, cool, reserved, detached, formal and aloof. Basically I ain't all about that social life.

2. Reasoning; 90%
Reasoning is how good at abstract thinking you are, which means I prefer abstract thinking rather than common sense.

3. Emotional stability; 30%
Emotional stability is how in control of your emotions you are. It says I am reactive emotionally, changeable, affected by feelings, emotionally less stable and easily upset. Actually, quiet surprised by this so I don't know if I should pretend like it's wrong or not.

4. Dominance; 80%
We've talked about it all above. I guess it's self-explanatory now. Just shocked that it ain't 100% lmao.

5. Liveliness; 50%
Liveliness is how much energy you display. Again I'm surprised I ain't so ded after all.

6. Rule-consciousness; 40%
Rule-consciousness is how much you abide by authority. Basically I am more rebel-ish.

7. Social boldness; 70%
Social boldness is how socially confident you are. It says I am socially bold, venturesome, thick-skinned and uninhibited.

8. Sensitivity; 50%
Sensitivity is how much you can be affected. Well, I got a balanced sentimentality.

9. Vigilance; 70%
Apparently I am vigilant, suspicious, skeptical, distrustful and oppositional. I guess I just question things a lot.

10. Abstractedness; 30%
Abstractedness is how imaginative you are. It says I am grounded, practical, prosaic, solution oriented, steady and conventional. Ok, this is the confusing part... didn't I just get 90% for abstract thinking on the reasoning tho?!

11. Privateness; 20%
Privateness is how honest you are about who you are. It states that I am forthright, genuine, artless, open, guileless, naive, unpretentious and involved. I guess I am an open book.

12. Apprehension; 30%
Apprehension is how troubled you are. It says that I am self-assured, unworried, complacent, secure, free of guilt, confident and self satisfied. Thank god I am what I see myself to be.

13. Openness to change; 30%
Openness to change is how not stuck in your ways you are. It says I am traditional, attached to familiar, conservative and respect traditional ideas. Not gonna argue cos I feel like I can be very old-fashioned sometimes.

14. Self-reliance; 100%
Self-reliance is how contained your need are. It says I am self-reliant, solitary, resourceful, individualistic and self-sufficient. A perfect score for being individualistic. Damn.

15. Perfectionism; 30%
Perfectionism is how high your standards are for yourself. It states that I am unexacting (not demanding), flexible, undisciplined, lax, self-conflict, impulsive, careless of social rules and uncontrolled. I've always known that I am the kind to keep things somewhat simple.

16. Tension; 40%
Tension is how driven you are, crossed with impatience. Basically I am more relaxed and composed.

17. Self-esteem; 50%
Average values indicate adequate self-esteem of personality and maturity. At least I am not over-confident, huh?


In summary, I found out just how big of an individualist I am. Like literally all the tests say I am one. Personally, I always questioned why I don't like having people around for longer periods because it always makes me feel bad. I thought I was just somewhat an introvert(?) - which I slightly am, but not exactly when I am all about that dominance. So I guess this is why I just love being ditched. In all honesty, I love being by myself. People say I should go out more but I never know why I don't like going out and meeting new people... I guess this is the reason. It really isn't the matter of not being able to social, but instead just not really that keen into socializing. 

However, in my defense, I definitely can't survive long without any human interaction. As someone who prefers face-to-face communication, I really can't stand being on my own 24/7 with only social media to engage with. I learnt that the hard way when I was living separately from my friends during the last semester of diploma. I almost gone crazy literally crying for any sorts of human support. We are humans after all despite being an "individualist". After all, no man is an island.


Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.