Kpop Dance Class

by - January 21, 2017

Should I start with a salam so people would know I'm a Muslim lol

Assalamualaikum y'all. I did not title it wrongly. I did went to A DANCE CLASS... EEEKKK!! I think one of my new year's resolution is to probably dance more and kinda sweat more, since I've been so lazy at home.

There's a place in town and they were having some kpop trial dance class near my place so Ka Mun and I decided to try joining. There were 2 kpop dance classes happening on Saturdays which is 10am-11am and 2pm-3pm. Since neither of us have transportation in the morning, we decided to go to the afternoon one. 

It's just a simple dance studio quiet spacious for us today since there were only 5 people in the room. Ka Mun and I being the newbies. We simply registered for the trial class but weren't planning to join for good. 

We looked up their fb page for more info and I gotta say that most people who visits here are Chinese. Not being racist or whatever but I kinda feel the need to not make it so stereotypical as if dancing (modern dances / kpop) is a bad thing for a Muslim in hijab. Well, it depends on the movements as in no worshiping of some sort and shouldn't be overly seductive but ofc, the purpose plays a big role (your niat or intention) but you see, it's all good as long as I'm not against my own belief. I don't know why society makes me feel like the odd one out here.

For the one hour class, we learnt like a 10 sec move? We were dancing to K.A.R.D's Oh NaNa. We started from the chorus and it was the body wave. So basically we did body wave. I kinda wing it since I have no trouble with body waves. Except for the part where I used my shoulders instead of chest and that is what I got corrected on. But overall a good experience bcos I actually got complimented huehuehue.

The instructor clapped when I first did the body wave (awwhh) and as I got the hang of it, she said "Wah, not bad. You got potential!" and she was pointing when she was talking to me in English. Everyone else is Chinese so she was speaking in Chinese while teaching them. 

I feel so great about it ahhh /blush

But the classes are so short and not quiet worth it. It's like RM100 for 4 classes and an hour for each. I might as well self-taught myself through YouTube videos. But nevertheless, it's more fun dancing together in front of the mirror so you can see yourself and vain along hahah.


I guess that's all I'd like to share here... So til next time, ta-ta /bye


Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.