Action-packed: The K2

by - January 21, 2017

It has been forever since I've watched... let alone completed a kdrama. Finally now, here I am typing my thoughts away on a not-so-recent drama - The K2! This drama stars Ji Chang Wook @ JCW, Song Yoo-na and Im Yoo-na (SNSD). It aired long time ago lol. It was broadcasted on tvN towards the end of September 2016.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who's in love with JCW in action dramas. I mean cmon, Healer was damn good to argue about! So this drama was on my top to-watch list mainly bcos of him. And here's my overall review on it.

Credits to Asianwiki

First things first, the plot. Honestly, it gets boring. Quiet a monotonous emotion being shown throughout this drama. The action scenes were hella lot and so much focus on political stuff. If you like JCW in action, then you'll enjoy his hotness during those intense fight scenes but if you aren't the type to care much about the money-and-power side of kdrama, then you'll probably wouldn't enjoy this so much. The way I see it, those two scenes makes up pretty much the whole drama.

Everything revolves around grudges and backstabbing among politicians and conglomerates. It makes me wonder if these actually happen among the higher-ups in my country. Plus, the fight scenes are some gruesome shit. Blood everywhere man. How can JCW's character, Kim Je Ha (K2) still be living, he should be dead rationally speaking.

Second thing is the characters. JCW playing the lead so he's a strong fighter trying to avenge on his deceased lover. Song Yoo-na as Madam Choi Yoo Jin who brutally and mercilessly kills whoever that is in her way to make her husband the President. Im Yoo-na acted as the daughter of Choi Yoo Jin's husband - Go Anna, a traumatized girl who lived her life casted aside and considered a threat by Madam Choi bcos she may ruin her father's presidency. 

To me, the only character who is admirable here is K2. He has the sense of responsibility, courage, quick-witted but at the same time, sweet and charming. Madam Choi is all about bossing everyone around and depends on pretty much everyone else to do her dirty work. The character Anna is also someone who's plain weak. She's very innocent and hopeless without much charm other than physical beauty and that is pretty disappointing. She crave attention damn badly.

What I like about it though? I get the ending that I hoped for - the bad guys all die. But still hating on the way they are defeated. Not even getting a full satisfaction of the ending haiih. Very little romance in the entire drama, but K2's protective side towards Anna can be seen as the closest to 'romance'. But other than those, not quiet happy overall. Not much ups and downs, mostly all conflicts je.

In the end, I understand why Madam Choi is the second lead and not Anna. If you see their screen time also can tell why already. Why does it seem that Madam Choi is actually having an unrequited love towards K2 who's in love with someone else like... lady, you're old already! Hmm what were the writers tryna convey?? I pun tak faham.


That's all for the review. It's all me complaining anyway hahah kbye.


Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.