Drivin' Solo

by - January 19, 2017

I remembered saying more like complaining about my mum's old car that would be mine ONLY IF I am brave enough to drive on my own.

Last week, I was teasing my lil' brother bcos he always go home with his friend instead of walking home. Then he jokingly said that since I'm home, I could go fetch and send him to school so it would probably save his friend's mum the trouble. Sekolah dekat pun nak orang hantar haih.

Guess what my mum said tho? "OK" She actually agreed to this kid's idea. Wah ma. Time orang mintak taknak bagi. Now, this works as my everyday 'training' before I could drive any further... kononnya.

Starting Monday this week, I drove him to school and picked him up afterwards. And now I admit that I've been making dangerous mistakes almost every single day. No kidding.

Like on Monday as I was sending him off, I was so close in crashing into the back of a bus. That's what happens when you drive behind a bus as it is approaching a freaking bus stop. Next time, don't drive directly behind a bus. There's always the other lane. Also, break if you think the car (or in my case that kura-kura taxi) on the next lane couldn't tell about your dying situation.

Tuesday was nothing bizarre. I maybe should just practice not simply turning at junctions before looking properly.

On Wednesday, I made a U-Turn at a random junction bcos I entered the wrong way. That junction also happened to be a gated entry into someone else's neighbourhood. As I was reversing, I almost hit the car behind if it wasn't for the guard who was passing by to warn me about it. Since I took the wrong route and the traffic got worse by then, I ended up being so late that my brother already reached home when I arrived. Thanks to his friend's mum. Penat-penat orang tunggu traffic light 4 kali merah hmm.

Then Thursday fuhh probably worst day of all... I got bleeped twice!! One bcos the driver wanted to tell me to go first, which was nothing bad. And second, bcos the freaking car was speeding yet I still cross the road omg. Damn scary experience. It was my fault tho. But if you ask me, I didn't see the speeding car when I decided to go for it. All I see was the one car turning to the direction I am heading towards.

So lesson learnt, wait until there are no cars before crossing bcos some risks aren't worth dying for. And there must be a reason the car on the opposite side wasn't moving forward lol.


I really hope I can be more careful and not get traumatized so early in my training period. Mistakes are inevitable but accidents can get ugly. Minta-mintalah dijauhkan, amiin. Remember to pray every time naik kenderaan yaa.


Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.