Plus point

by - September 22, 2016

The day before's story.

It has slightly passed midnight as I'm typing this. Truthfully, I showered at 11pm... after a loooong entire day AND night. What did I do til 11, you may ask? Ala even if you didn't, pretend like you did. You did click on this link kan.


So the story starts when I applied for JAKSIS. Basically a student body for my residential area - Lestari. I submitted the application form yesterday and got a phone call today, which is their due date actually. I was told to attend a pre-interview session at 8.30pm. Thank God I didn't have any plan to do that night. I've eaten, I've rested briefly but I... haven't bathe. Ahh, isokay it won't take too long... Was what I thought.

We were all gathered in a room. As soon as the headmaster took over things, it was a brainwash session. JAKSIS is an active student body which consists of only 18 individuals within the society. A pretty well-reserved association, huh? So, we were warned earlier if we only wanted to follow a friend just because he/she joins, forget it. You're being hesitant about your own decision. If you're thinking of going home every weekend, then forget it. It isn't the kind of 'commitment' they are looking for. If you just want to get the fame, forget it. It isn't the suitable job for glamour. Niat dah salah. If you're only here for the allowance then forget it. WHY? 

It isn't worth all the effort that is put into it. A leader needs to be capable of sacrificing and losing things. In addition to being able to manage a team and its crowd. 

We were stuck in the waiting room for an extremely long time. I wasn't even exaggerating. I arrived at 8.10pm and we entered the discussion room about 30 mins later. The headmaster talked so it was way passed 9pm. We needed to take turns. Those who queued up earlier got to be interviewed first and so on. I didn't queue. Instead I joined a group of people tryna suck up to the 2 akak-akak JAKSIS. They were conversing, so I simply butt my way in - literally - by moving the chair which it's still stuck to my butt. 

An hour plus of it is was impromptu bonding session. At first, I felt so out-of-place. I tried engaging conversation with them but then my thoughts weren't interesting enough so I felt distant a bit. I forced my way into the lameness until we managed to be in a group together. For an assigned mission. We haven't even go for the interview.

After waiting for way too long, we decided to queue up. This is where it gets interesting. I was one of the 6 diploma first year students who entered the room together. Pretty chill at first. The headmaster was the interviewer. He first told us to explain why we want to be in JAKSIS and so we all did... Telling almost similar stories. I only talked about how JAKSIS reminded me so much of PBSA (Prefectorial Board of Sri Aman). Holla to the Sri Amanian who's catching up here! But meh, I think we all could tell how boring it was ourselves.

He tried to lighten things up for us clueless bunch. We were so schematic. So the next round was to tell our point of strength to why they should choose us among all the other 67 candidates? The only thing I could think of was - my English. I'm not such a great speaker but people have been awed by the sound of my English everywhere I go in this particular university's surrounding. 

Little did I know, it still works. The headmaster's eyes opened for me. He commented about the slang I had in the midst of me explaining why I am capable enough in communicating with people. In the end I said, "That is why I feel that my communicating skill are able to improve the society in one way or another" then he replied "Yes, of course. Definitely!". I said thank you in reply. He seemed hella assured! He was barely listening to the others. He ONLY communicated with me in that room.

My hands can never be as shaky and my words can never be any more fluent, despite my shaky voice in between countless slip of tongues. Nervous like mad. 

I told you the end story. On top of that, at the discussion room earlier, when the headmaster asked "Any question?" nobody else raised up their hand to ask except for me. Also in that same room, my hand shot straight up when they asked who wants to volunteer to make an announcement through the speakers. I was confident only bcos I miss being a Doa Rep. My point is I am already unconsciously standing out from the crowd. 

One more thing, 2 of the new friends I made who happened to be in the interview room was questioning me and saying how cool I sounded. Awh shucks! I retold them what I said during the interview, that it has been a culture in my school where everyone communicate in English on a daily basis. They wanted to know more so I brought up that my school is a Girls' School and that it's an SBT school (Sekolah Berprestasi Tinggi). They weren't as impressed until one of them ask what school was it and I answered "SMK(P) Sri Aman, Petaling Jaya"... YOU PEOPLE SHOULD SEE HOW THEY REACTED! They actually know that school.

THEY KNEW MY SCHOOL!! /shock

I was on cloud nine. I went back to my room and told my roomie that last bit and she said "Oh ya la Sri Aman kan? Famous la sekolah tu" OMG BRO Y U NO TELL ME DIS BEFORE?!?

I underwent the definition behind 'tidur tak lena, makan tak kenyang, mandi tak basah' bcos while showering, I shampooed my body instead. Then I am hungry again though I ate dinner right before that interview. Finally now, just look at the time - 1.56am. Great!

Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

1 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.