Dramas aren't just entertainment

by - April 03, 2018

I watch dramas for many reasons, one drama after another one and the cycle barely stopped. And after so long that it made me see that these dramas aren't just for pleasure of simply watching people's love life and their struggles. Which I gotta admit, those alone are already entertaining to watch.

More to that is the appreciation for not just the acting but also the script writing, the cinematography and also the editing that creates these masterpiece.

My kind of drama is the romance, comedy and melo type. Recently, I've came across wonderful real-life dramas that made me appreciate life a little more. There's 3 on my list - Just Between Lovers, Because This Is My First Life and Go Back Couple. These dramas reflect my entire taste in Kdrama tbh. FYI, they are in chronological state of my watchlist with Go Back Couple being my latest watched drama. I also provided random screenshots of the dramas below so check it out!

What I'm tryna share is basically the kind of things I am appreciating by giving examples out of these dramas, starting with Just Between Lovers. If I were to describe this drama in 3 words it would be, "traumatized puppy love". It's because the whole story is about their trauma of the same incident (sound cliche af), but yknow life is all about the process and character development so that's what makes it so wonderful. They portray the kind of innocent love of these 2 young potatoes and delivers the sincerest yet most passionate feeling that you may want to experience yourself bcos it is so pure.

It's when I realise the strongest kind of people aren't always born that way. We are all born weak and only trials in life can strengthen us. Also depression comes in many forms, and just because they seem to have it easier doesn't mean it is. Some people struggle to live just another day but others just want to waste their life away, and it's sad by how true it is. Your age don't matter, who you are also don't matter because anyone can get traumatized and depressed. Then when you do, it won't affect just you but also the people you are closest with and you probably won't even have thought it that way.

In my opinion, I neither struggle nor dread each day just as bad but I believe each of us have that dreadfulness sometimes that we can't really help with.





Next, will be Because This Is My First Life. Just wanna lay it out that this drama has a bunch of clicheness but it is still very much pleasable and very funny to watch. It's about a marriage contract between 2 people who strive for different life goals but happened to complete each other's needs. However, the thing that open my eyes most about this drama is about the female lead and her 2 friends who came from the same hometown and school, but later move to Seoul to chase after their dreams. Each one with a different dream.

It's sad how we all have passion on different things during our teenage days and slowly they died off once we work and had to face reality. And people can sometimes just want simple things in life, but it would hardly turn out simple in the end, like getting married and just be happy. I guess there will never be a short-cut in life's or drama's dictionary. But of course, the hardest choice in life is usually the best.

To also make up for the title, most things we do are based on a first time decision so even if you don't end up where you wanted in the beginning, don't always beat yourself up because you may never know where it might take you instead.



Lastly, it would be about Go Back Couple. This drama is the opposite of the previous one, it's about a divorce. A real life lesson thrown by this drama is the importance of communication and the fact that young marriage may not be for everyone. 

Marriage is truly a big thing and settling down does not take its literal meaning seriously, but instead it's the start of a real sacrifice. Your life will no longer become solely yours and sometimes you just need to reminisce the beautiful times to move on with the hardship of life. At the same time, it made me see what a beautiful thing marriage is because you would end up caring for the other person more than you think you ever would. Nobody can know the inside out of you and still tolerate with you the same way your love does, even if it means not crying together but laughing it off instead because you don't want to make them sad, or not telling about your work stress because you know they had it hard enough but eventually it boils down to sharing your sorrow and pain on top of the happiness you had. Of course, divorce is never a good experience for both parties so the reason to everything always matters and finding out the "why"s to everything is always eyeopening for me.


I guess once the focus is no longer for the right person, the whole point of work or marriage won't ever be the same. I may sound like a hypocrite saying this but sometimes telling people what you truly feels is probably the only thing you gotta do.


Dropping by,
Melynn.


You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. I LOVE JUST BETWEEN LOVERS!! My fav drama! what a realistic drama that actually happen in reality :') it just felt so soothing while watching this drama ;)

    https://mylittlestoryi.blogspot.my/

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.