Do bcos you want to

by - April 11, 2018

Don't prevent yourself from doing smtg just because you're not good. 

I think being in Sri Aman taught me that. Everyone is filled with positive vibe and so much encouragement which has help the students to do well in many things! That's what makes Sri Aman so great. We don't limit ourselves. And everyone must be good at something. It's really the best place for me to discover my own talents as well as everyone else's.

I'm saying this because a lot of time now I find myself seeking people's approval. I know I shouldn't and even if so, I should always take it with a grain of salt. But I realised, it's a problem ever since I left Sri Aman. It's hard to hear my own voice that has not been influence by other people. It's like I no longer have a stand. 

I don't know whether this is a growing up thing or it's just an environment thing. Something clear to me is that, it's not coming from myself. Something tells me it's the latter.

A huge different that I can sense is the people in Sri Aman, we don't envy each other so much. We salute people for being so great at something and support them wholeheartedly as friends. There was never once I felt threaten when I see my friend being so good at something I wish I was good at. In fact, they make me feel inspired and made me believe that I can be just as good. 

Now, I constantly feel like I'm being looked down upon. Like trying to be different is such a taboo. Trying something out of the norm is probably seen as too much. What we have in-common is a thing to be proud of. I wonder when will this kind of judgement change. Accepting that different opinion is good too. 

Being in university and college is such a big opportunity as it is. I am more than blessed to be here. But it's sad how many people are taking it for granted.

Many opportunities slide in when we are a student and I can't believe how most things meant for students get the least response. But it kinda makes me glad considering the chances increase when there's a low number of participation involved. 

However, I still hope people (myself) would be less discouraged because of others. Sometimes you just gotta hear your own free thought without anyone else's to make a decision for yourself. And I think that's why being in a big group kinda sucks.


Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.