The reason // 이유는

by - August 09, 2017

A lot of things that I've done, don't necessarily make me happy. Some things I did just to please others. Other things just to show off. Most people do too. And I'm starting to think, social media is such a bad money-driven platform. No matter how much I am rooting for my own grounds, it seems that other people is always flaunting their good sides of life that keeping up just makes it harder.

I always ask myself WHY? Why do I feel obligated to show my happiness to the world? Why is everybody trying hard to do that? Then behind all those happy-go-lucky projections, there'll be this drastic change of sadness. Out of a sudden. People begin saying how depressed they are, how life's not been treating them well, how everybody just had it better, how it had not been a good year... Then it got me asking again - WHY? After showing off like that for good several weeks or months or even years, you decided to crawl into your darkest pit and suffer then why did it in the first place? Oh yeah, obligations.

The problem is we are made up like this. Everyone needs to keep up with the trends. If you don't know, that's it, you're a weirdo. We can't be friends.

Speaking of friends, I can't help but to see friendships on social media as a momentary thing. I feel like the more showing off there are, the less likely things are to stay. May Allah forbids. But that's another problem. The moment we stop posting happy pictures, people question our happiness. When we don't show the happy friendship that we have, the friendship somewhat would sink. Again, an obligation.

So now, if I were to do things for people, I'd find a better reason to. I won't settle for any of them. Why? Because humans are disloyal and people changes. Expectation and promises won't lasts. I think this is the big problem that causes it all - our reasons.

My solution? Don't make people as my reason. Myself included. 

But one thing about me is I have Allah the Almighty. If I am in doubt of my reasons, I'd be sure to ask if He pleases. Because in the end of my day, there's no one else to please other than Him. If I were to die in whatever I am doing, I'd like it if my reasons were the right ones. And great thing is I can never go wrong with this. Like how Allah is never wrong to us, we would never be wrong with Him. If I were to give up my happiness for anyone, I'd gladly let that be Him insya'Allah.

May me and you, be in the love He pleases Amiin.


Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.