Where's Home (to me)?

by - August 14, 2017

This post is a respond to one of my favourite (small) YouTube channel's video - New Age Creators. On this week's Monday, Orin asked the question in his video: WHERE'S HOME TO YOU?

You can watch the short video on his brief explanation to understand better where I am coming from here:


So I didn't do much thinking and my answer is... the toilet. And by that, I meant the bathroom or the restroom or whatever you international folks call it. So you must be thinking, "Setan sangat tu" (jk that's what I told myself lol) or basically just how disgusting that answer might've sounded.

Obviously there's a reason for that answer. 

Orin mentioned the place you call home is where you feel most comfortable at. And for him, that kind of place changes time to time.

The walls of the small space is the very few walls that have seen everything I have. My bare face, the uneven skintone, the not-so-eye-pleasing body and most importantly, they've witnessed my true identity. I wake up every morning sometimes feeling great so I will constantly smile at the mirror in the toilet, or other times I would cry sitting on the toilet seat wondering about life and its difficulty. After all those, washing through my sorrow will then felt good.

Most of all, I tend to feel relaxed here. It's a place you can pamper yourself, be all emotional, speak some truth and have deep conversations alone. My current situation hits me more than ever as I am away from my real 'home' a.k.a the house I live in. Staying in a hostel or a dorm isn't always peaceful, so the toilet could somewhat be an escape to me in order to stay sane, especially during hard times.

Don't get me wrong, I don't wanna live and sleep and eat in the toilet. This is only the conceptual meaning of it all that suits my current situation. And as much as Orin made me think, give it a thought... where is YOUR home?


Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

1 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.