Birthday Poem: Pretty Ugly

by - August 18, 2017

Another year has passed,
Hope our friendship could last,
5 fun years having a best friend by my side,
Though our times are mostly filled with only boybands in mind,
Please let us be longer than 1D,
While getting stronger individually,
But we thank them for being the relating factor,
That brought two worlds apart together.

Dear bestie,
You are the reason I'm keeping in touch,
Nobody else clings as badly as you,
We survived multiple years in class together,
Even our parents got bored of seeing us two,
But I appreciate everything that you do,
Your experienced advices, your medical treatments,
Your bossy yet understanding blabbers,
Your whining and negative point of view,
There's so many good and bad but without it I'd lose you,
You stayed even when I tore your fragile heart,
You accepted my ugly self as much as I did,
Even after countless requests for a visit to the dermatologist,
Maybe later if not soon,
Trust me and don't worry I will try my best to improve.

On the inside you are surprisingly dark and moody,
Very contrast with the layers that you put up,
But that darkness doesn't seem so bad,
They're just signs of rebellious act,
The only thing that lights is probably your heart beneath,
Because it cares too much until you feel stuck in between.

Your short temper could be better when you think of the regrets you'll get later,
It is mostly caused by the short judgments and quick actions,
They bring nothing but future disappointments,
Be wise, doesn't need to be precise,
Keep your flaws,
Enjoy your true nature,
It's the only way you can have unique patterns of your true colours.

Dear bestie,
You know I love us as much as you do,
We could be mistaken for part time lovers, who knew?
Let's keep having fun and our dreams alive,
Keep adding memories and plans for our future trips,
Coping up with you isn't as bad, as you tryna deal with my special needs,
There's not much more I'd like to say,
Hope a happy birthday would be ok.


THE SPOKEN VERSION:



I don't wanna simply delete this off my poetry blog's draft box, so here you go.


Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.