My 2020 Resolutions: Reviewing this next year!

by - January 01, 2020

Summary of 2019

If you looked up my Instagram, you would see all the updates on the concerts that I went to, the long awaited trip to Korea, my graduation and new degree life that makes this year much more meaningful and unforgettable on its own. However, besides the ray of sunshine that happened, this year had taught me more things than it ever did in the years before. It was as if I had an equal share of bad lucks handed to me along with the good ones. 

I learn to be more true to myself. I've come to terms with me coming out as being hurtful to people if it means I am doing the right thing. All this while, I've lived life caring about what others would feel about something more than I like to admit. That 'idc' me is just an image I'd like to think I possess when in fact I can't stand having people despise me. In 2019, I've realised that people are more selfish than I thought. I've dealt with so many self-centered people this year and it's so toxic if I gotta deal with their attitude just to take care of their feelings alone. Even though I may seem sensitive than I ever was, well at least, people would know where the limit lies. And I feel like it's so important to let it out to the ones who deserve to know and not bury it all in by yourself thinking things will get better or go away. Once those worries build up into something you find too overwhelming to handle, it might only cause you more depressing thoughts than happy ones. Having a healthy mind is so crucial for you to enjoy the little things in life and that was what 2019 taught me.

Conclusion: If I can't change people, I might as well change. Change is not a bad thing and in fact, we need it.

Lesson learnt in 2019

1. Grades shouldn't define my knowledge. Not getting a good CGPA in degree or graduating late doesn't have to make me look bad and I shouldn't feel like I've failed.
2. Your feelings are more valuable than anyone else's. Speak up.
3. Leading a group of failures is better than hoping to fail together. Lead them even if I hate to.
4. Family problems will haunt whether you like it or not. Embrace them and pray.
5. Keep your conscience even though you may be criticised for it.
6. Money isn't happiness bcos "you can only 'afford' it if you can buy it twice".
7. Business ain't for me but I would somehow figure out how to earn money my way. Patience is key.
8. Give back in a way only I can manage to.
9. Friends are precious so don't take them for granted. Even though I tend to get annoyed by people's unnecessary presence, nothing lasts.

My 2020 resolutions

1. Overcome my hate of sharing my belongings.
2. Finish analysing the Korean poetry book for vocabs.
3. Build a system I could be proud of for PSM (final year project).
4. Start an investment account.
5. Upload more kpop covers than I did in 2019.
6. Start work earlier than the rest.
7. Join a club or have some commitment.
8. Decide on what to pursue after degree and where is a fun place to intern.
9. Learn to cook simple dishes.
10. Work on any sort of craft and improve.


Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.