New Rapid Card

by - July 04, 2017

Have you changed your RapidKL card yet? If not, bro u should.

In case you didn't know...

Since the 15th June up until 15th July, you have the chance to replace your Rapid cards to a Touch'nGo card!! When I first heard about it, I was damn happy. TnG is much much more useful than a Rapid card in terms of access. At the same time, the benefit of owning a concession card such as Student card, saves a LOT bcos you get 50% off every LRT, monorail, BRT etc. per trip. Now, with TnG you can even use it to pay tolls, get discount rates at carparks, malls and many more.

If you didn't know, guess what? You can change your concession card somewhere else BESIDES Pasar Seni station. 

Note that this notice is either for OKU, Senior Citizens or Students concession card. Normal RapidKL card can be changed at ANY Customer Service counter at ANY LRT stations during this changing period.


Ok so this morning at around 7.30 a.m., I took the LRT from Taman Paramount to Subang Jaya station which was about 6 stations away. There is a huge difference whether you decide to change your card at Pasar Seni or Subang Jaya. 

LRT Pasar Seni

- The place to renew your concession cards after expiry date (during changing period). 
- Also able to change existing cards.
- Located in the heart of KL.
- Main RapidKL customer hub.

* Student cards are only valid on a yearly basis.

Of all the things mentioned, that should give you a picture of why it's always hectic at Pasar Seni. If you've ever taken the LRT heading to any stations in KL, you know what I mean. It's pretty much a sardine can. During peak hours, expect to be standing for about 15 stations or more inside the LRT. Often times, you need to give up trains bcos it might just overflow. Rapid now cover Subang, PJ, Ampang and KL areas (I may missed out some places) so what do u expect?

On the other hand, Subang Jaya station is pretty much the opposite. 

LRT Subang Jaya

- Only changes existing cards.
- Located in Subang which is not as busy as KL.
- Opens a counter dedicated for this changing period.

When I first exit the station, I noticed quiet a number of chairs. It kinda look like dalam dewan perhimpunan kat sekolah bila ada event lol. Anyway to my right is where the token changer were, and on my left there's a small counter with a lonely abang sitting there. On top of him is a big number "1" sign. Meaning, first you go there la. So I went up to him and he asked for my student card and IC. He clipped it with a waiting a number. Mine was 343 and at the time I sat was around 321 or so. I waited for about 10-15 mins for my number to appear. Then there's a big number "2" sign besides another table in front, so I went up to this other abang and he basically just take the number and paper clip back.

I proceed to a smaller waiting area and sat for another 5 mins to take a picture and at the same time process my new card. As soon as I'm done, the guy gave me my new card and told me to go to the customer service counter a.k.a counter "3", to transfer my money into the new card. And I am done by 8.20 a.m.

I left the station at around 8.30 a.m. and the chairs outside were already empty hahaha.

So since there's about 11 days left. If you are hesitating to change your card due to the long queue at Pasar Seni, I recommend going to Subang Jaya and saves a lot of time. To some it may be costly travelling back and forth but since it would saves you few hours of waiting time, you may consider sacrificing something.

Unfortunately if your cards are expired, there's no other hope and only Pasar Seni would be the way to go.

I am not sure if there's any extra cost you need to pay after the changing period, or if your card can still be change if you still have few months worth of time left AFTER this period. However for now, it's free and you won't be able to use the old card after the period ends. Suit yourselves.

That's it from my experience. Good luck!

UPDATE: I didn't know where LRT Awan Besar were. But apparently it's the other LRT line, which is the Sri Petaling line. So if the other line is more convenient for you, opt to that.


Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.