Ribbon (Poetry - KPop ver.)

by - June 19, 2017

It's unfortunate that a knot tied so tight were untied,
It's not like I wanted it to turn out this way,
The end nobody sees but finally resolves to this,
Sad, sad, this is truly hard to accept,
Don't worry, even when I am at my lowest won't I blame it on you,
Yeah things may happen and I did lost it all,
What I've held preciously once, were totally gone,
If only time can rewind, for me to hold you on,
Too bad there's nothing for me to say not even beg for you to stay.

But I wish I could retie our love,
Pull the ends tight and secure so the love won't loosen even more,
Tie it as hard like a ribbon that we can't let go,
Even if I'm slightly aren't too late and if you ever wonder the same,
Please rethink of retying back our love and put it back in place.

See I'm trying to accept it and leave,
Lift myself up and carry on with better me,
Now how? What can I do?
Alone I cry then alone I whine back to you - drunk as I'm used to,
Crazily saddens when you appear in my dreams as I greeted hello,
A smile I carved onto a mask I put on before,
Pretending I'm ok, been fine without you here,
But you know that's not how I end up and it's pretty damn clear.

I admit I wasn't that good, I'm always lacking to you,
If this poem pressures you more, well then take my apology,
Changing isn't easy as 123,
Putting my heart and all seems to lose you either way,
Still I hoped for another ribbon to be tied back securely as if we're OK.

Funny thing you never left my side,
You supported me wholeheartedly,
Was it this why that made me slow on the uptake because you won't ever show?
Not noticing that our end was coming,
In the end I just had to let you go,
When the break up felt so sudden yet easy,
The longing for you couldn't end the same way,
How do I erase the pain?
Your smile used to be so satisfyingly happy, now felt like a distant memory,
Even then, if only retying us was still a valid option for me...


A poetry translation of the romanized lyrics for the song Ribbon by BEAST.


Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.