Worldly Life

by - May 31, 2017

It's been awhile since I wrote something on here. And by that I mean, storytelling-wise. On this year Ramadhan, I feel like I shouldn't be saying too much of useless things that I would usually rant whenever I have the chance to. I want to make sure that every word I say meant something good to others especially something I am addressing to publicly like in this blog. 

A glimpse of my university's Masjid from my faculty.

Note: This little sharing isn't just directed to Muslims.


This morning, I just finished reciting a surah from the Quran that truly captures my heart and that I could relate myself with to a certain level. Now let me share to you about what Allah has said in a surah named al-Qasas meaning 'The Stories'. Basically, it's a story about Nabi Musa a.s. and the ruler of Egypt at his time - Firaun. 

Along the line of the story of Musa, Allah mentioned something about wealth. In this world, as a Muslim we don't only seek for the pleasure of this mortal life, we should believe that our real lives start from the afterlife. Allah has been giving us plenty of favours more than we could think of. 

In those many favours, you and I don't all get the same amount for one of each. Our lives vary on a certain scale and so is the blessings we receive. What we have now is a test. A test on our faith... on our actions towards what we are given. Sometimes the more you receive, the greedier you'd get. We don't see these things upfront but when Allah limits certain favour onto you, He knows more than you do.

Let's take a character in this surah named Qarun as a reference. He is a low-level citizen but he makes a money out of rebelling on his people. Then he would show-off his wealth by saying that his knowledge is the reason for all that he has to make others jealous. In the Quran, it is stated that people who also seek for worldly pleasures admires his wealth, but NOT the knowledgeable ones. Qarun is stupid for not realising there is a whole generation of people that Allah destroyed for doing what he did. And due to his excessive pride, Allah made him get sucked by the land like how Firaun get drowned by the sea.

Ok hopefully what I am about to say won't offend anyone. But we Muslims for a fact know that Heaven is meant for us. Only our deeds will decide when can we enter Heaven; it could be right away or it could be that we needed to be 'cleaned' with the hellfire first. Non-muslims or those who turn away from the truth that the Prophet brings, better known in the Quran as Kafir, is meant to be forever in Hell. My point is the difference in favours among the Muslims and Kafir through our eyes. It is mentioned in the Quran that the Kafir will receive all the good things this world could offer. Everything that they ever wanted - wealth, positions, fame, look, etc. but surely, He is The Justice. This world wouldn't lasts. Their joyful life will end here in our mortal world, but Muslims we strive for a better Hereafter - this worth more than what we see in dunya now. So the next time you envy others, take a look back at yourself. What have we been doing to deserve the Heaven? 

Now, what I like in the surah is a phrase where Jews and Christians admitting that we are all born as Muslims (verse 53, surah al-Qasas). Allah has showed us guidance in this worldly life where Judgement Day will happen and that Hereafter exists through the words in Quran. He sent out Messengers and Prophets to teach and preach so that we don't get sidetracked, but many refuse to follow. Even generations before us. At the end of the day besides our faith, our deeds will also be taken into account. Thus, the two variables that differentiate you and me.


With that, may Allah accepts all our deeds and repentance. Assalammualaikum.


Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.