So long, pal!

by - October 30, 2016

Ahhh it feels so good to be jotting down my thoughts again.

Next week, I will soon begin my softball training for an upcoming tournament this November. Eeek, I'm excited to be back on the diamond!

I have been a player since Form 1 and that was about 5 good years ago. I remembered begging my mum to get me a pair of brand new football boots after qualifying myself in the school team. Ignoring the fact, I didn't even get to play for that same year when I got selected.

In softball (well at least in Malaysia), the field is basically football field, so that require us to wear football boots. The reason why is so we wouldn't fall easily or... to not sink in the muddy grass. Which happened plenty of times before... even with boots on lol.

My first ever boots was Adidas. A nice black base with gold-and-silver Adidas' signature stripes. It was pretty cheap, plus I got a free bag with it. By cheap I mean around RM150. Tbh, investing a lot of money into boots for mere softball weren't such a pleasant thought for me (and my mum) at that time. I was simply trying out back then. I wasn't planning to stick around for long. Afraid that I couldn't, rather than wouldn't. That's why we grabbed the cheapest one we could afford.

Look how crippled it looked omo





Oh, how things had turned out too well for me. Alhamdulillah.

I managed to stick around softball since 2011 and better thing was, my boots managed to survive those 5-hardcore-training-years throughout all the annual MSSD tournaments. Talk about good investment.

Sadly, it's finally here. The time for my boots to end its service all this while. The sole came out and the cobbler said it can no longer be fixed.



This particular pair of boots had witnessed life-changing moments I had while being on the field - the joy, the stress, the cries, everything. If anything else, they're like my lucky charm.

Now, I officially got it replaced. With a nameless brand haha /sweat

Yesterday, I went to a sports warehouse-like place named DECATHLON located at Bandar Sri Damansara. If you've never heard of it... same. It was the first time I heard of their existence too.

Bcos I am leaving for Melaka, we were urgently in need of a cheap alternative, especially when my parents and I initially just wanted to send it to a cobbler. Our budget were tight so my dad found out about that place which he heard sells really cheap sports equipment and clothing.

When we reached there... HELL-TO-DA-DAMN!!! /shock

Everything was so friggin affordable, my jaw almost dropped. There was a lot of variety as well. There was almost all sports-related item you could possible think of like clothes, pants, swimming suits, bags, shoes, yoga mats, goggles, bicycles, skates, roller blades, archery set... well you name it! Not to mention, for cheap prices!

Anyway, I got what I came for - a pair of boots! YAY! It was for RM65 ONLY. WOW. But since it's a nameless brand, we'll just see how long it'll last me hahah.

Pretty nice for a cheapskate, huh?





Back to business. Back to uni. Back to reality. Hoping I don't mess up the second-half of my semester.

Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.