멘붕: Mental Breakdown

by - October 18, 2016

Ranting on Twitter isn't fun.


Mostly bcos I love to write shit load of unnecessary details muahahaha /wahaha 

This post is dedicated to my deadliest a.k.a the busiest Saturday (15th Oct 2016) of my uni life. Briefly, I have 3 events planned for that day... 

1. 'Running Lestarian'
2. Softball training
3. 'Feeding The Homeless'

Program 1 and 3 are those organized by JAKSIS, while softball is an additional interest... like you didn't know already lol /nobigdeal

So they all happened pretty consecutively... one-by-one... on the same day... almost non-stop. 

RUNNING LESTARIAN 

Hopefully, the name gives a little hint. The 'Running' comes from the obvious... Running Man (RM) like PSFTT, WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED??

'Lestarian' bcos it is organised by a student body for the residential college known as Lestari. And basically the idea of the program is similar to RM. Also called explorace btw. This program is held around Bandar Hilir, Melaka. We have 4 checkpoints excluding the starting and ending locations, and I am in-charged of one of the checkpoints along with my 2 other friends. The checkpoints are Menara Taming Sari (starting point), Stadthuys, Muzium Samudera, A' Famosa and Dataran Pahlawan (ending point). Running Lestarian took up my whole morning til afternoon.

Say hello to our participants (aka cute boys :p)
Building of Stadthuys as one of our checkpoint
The throw-and-catch-20-chopsticks game

And here's my checkpoint... Pretty quiet huh?



Before that eventful day, we had a last-minute preparation the previous night. I slept at 3am that 'night' after we concluded the meeting at 2.30am. Then I had to force myself up by 6, since we are gathering at 6.45am (so they said #janjiMelayu).

Sooo yeah, 6am til 3pm of waking hours with barely 3 hours of sleep. Guh-reat!

SOFTBALL TRAINING

Then that evening I was having softball training at 5pm. I took what-supposingly-be-a-few-minutes-nap. However, I woke up an hour later thanks to a friend who called asking why am I not out yet lol. I woke up exactly at 5pm but like... no one is that on time anyway, so I kinda took my own sweet time and met up with that friend at around 5.20pm #sorrynotsorry. We walked to the softball field which took us about 10 mins if we speedwalk. I caused her to be late just bcos she waited for me. Oops.

Softball training usually end late. Bcos the coach wanted to make-up for the time when everybody is late. We will only stop playing as soon as Azan Maghrib can be heard. We rested til the Azan stopped and had a short meeting regarding our next training or the next tournament before heading home. I'll usually reach home at around 7.30pm.

That day I remembered going up to my room by then. Washed up, prayed and didn't even have time to munch dinner before going back downstairs for the next program.

FEEDING THE HOMELESS

I was exhausted af. I pretty much stayed quiet throughout the whole journey to the city. The car that I stayed in was undeniably fun. The boys were funny but I was just too dang tired to laugh. And this time was before the event even started....

During the event, I'm not surprised if people think I was having mood swings. Welp, that's what exhaustion does to me. One moment I'm all laugh and smiles then the next I'm all silent and distanced. Don't worry, it's just another episode in my life. Used to be pretty rare, but now it's happening quiet often - PMS, they said.

Then this event ended at 2.30am, but we were all hungry after the long walk. Especially me. I was complaining so much lol. My only dinner was Cream-O strawberry jam tart biscuit. 

BUT ACTUALLY KAN, THAT WAS ONLY A FILLER... NOT DINNER!!! /sweat

Anyway we reached home at 3am. I was thoughtless so I walked straight for my bed. JAKSIS had another program that morning. However, after waking up at 7.30am and showered, I took another nap... which ended up becoming a looong deeper slumber. The second time I opened my eyes again was noon. The program probably ended, I assumed. So, I didn't go lol. BAD EXAMPLE GUYS! DON'T FOLLOW WHAT I DID!

All in all, this is the start to my hectic life... We all can tell. I am now too tired to even do my assignments when I got home. However, I am gaining more in the aspect of working as a team and dealing with different kinds of people which is my main purpose for joining these things - to get money-can't-buy experiences.

More recognised faces around campus with less brain capacity to memorise everyone's names ha ha ha. Though the familiarity can sometimes be a bother, figuring out where the hell have I seen those people...

Despite that, I just gotta get my life sorted out a bit. So that's all for this update. Til my next free time! God knows when....

Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.