My 2021 Resolutions: Last year's update

by - December 22, 2020


Last year I posted a 2020 resolutions for the upcoming year, so this end of the year is the perfect time to review them before the step into a new year.

Below is my resolutions listed with the ones that I have and haven't completed:

My 2020 resolutions

1. Overcome my hate of sharing my belongings.
2. Finish analysing the Korean poetry book for vocabs.
3. Build a system I could be proud of for PSM (final year project).
4. Start an investment account.
5. Upload more kpop covers than I did in 2019.
6. Start work earlier than the rest.
7. Join a club or have some commitment.
8. Decide on what to pursue after degree and where is a fun place to intern.
9. Learn to cook simple dishes.
10. Work on any sort of craft and improve.

To summarize, I only achieved 3 things out of 10 of them. Not a great achievement tbh but mainly bcos my interest has just been changing this past year. 

I realized that some of the things listed are actually harder to achieve since I'm still a student and very much restricted. Some other really just went south because of my incompetency and lack of proficiency. Probably expected too much from myself.

With that, here's a 2021 version of it.

My 2021 Resolutions

1. Graduate degree with at least a 3.5 CGPA

Currently no longer a 3.5 pointer student huhu.

2. Build a micro-habit system

I've seen a video talking about building micro-habits and was totally up for it. However, I haven't been setting up one for myself and feel like I should any time soon. So, I'm looking forward to building that system and incorporate that into my life by the end of next year.

3. Upload more kpop covers than I did in 2019.

I'm gonna re-attempt this resolution simply because I've actually been disappointed in myself of not achieving this in the past year.

4. Rebuild that emergency fund

I was actually close to setting aside RM1000 in my emergency fund back in 2019 but failed because I ended up using it to fund my exchange programme and Korea trip. In 2020, I didn't have much to save and financially was pretty tough. But I've been trying to build my emergency fund back and I'm gonna work harder in being strict about it this time.

2021 goal: RM1000

5. Post at least once in each month

The best feeling is when I read back all my archive and relive each moments long after it happened. It's honestly why I kept this blog for so long even when nobody really reads them. Documenting my life through this blog is probably one of the happiest decisions I've ever made in my life.


I think that would be all that I'm gonna put out there. I'll leave the rest of the resolutions to my journal as they're pretty personal 🤭

Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. in case no one told you this yet, YOU'RE DOING WELL AND IM PROUD OF YOU AMELYNN!!! 3 is more than 1 so i consider it as a lot. you deserve to brag! also hey besides whats on the list, im sure you achieved other things thats not on the list too. btw im here reading ur blog okay i just cant find the right words to leave hahaha. hopefully you'll get too achieve all your wishlist in 2021 💞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks for the nice thought Ida 🤗

      Yeah probably gotta do another list of things I've personally achieved instead biar bersyukur lebih hahaha. Thank God you still reading this blog hehe. I hope you'll achieve urs too!! Here's to a better 2021 for us 😉

      Delete

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.