The second chance to online class

by - November 15, 2020

As you might or might not know, I'm one of those people who struggled with online class at one point in life. Not a big fan of watching (lots of) study materials on YouTube instead of my favourite YouTube contents. That alone felt like my entire freedom was taken away. 

I was once the kind of person who envy those who love the idea of work from home lol. However, I can now say, it got less overwhelming.

Starting new chapter in life be like...
Source: steemit.com
The turning point for me was when I had to take this 5-days crash course for a professional certificate back in September. During this course, I had to read so many slides (approx. 1015 pages worth) that I finished almost an entire B5 notebook writing down notes from that course alone. That moment felt so dreadful that I considered it as a huuuuge rut, but now that I look back, I'm so grateful it happened.

That entire week of cramming information, writing notes, taking quizzes and doing mock exams, have trained my mental ability to have better retention towards online learning especially asynchronous mode of studying. The kind where lecturers would upload videos of them teaching instead of live class.

I was never the kind of person who would willingly study on my own. One thing I realized is that I have much more willpower now than I did 6-7 months ago. I'm just overall more self-motivated to do my work and not procrastinate on each task that comes my way.

Seeing that I can submit my work on time while still have the chance to breath and nap in between classes, is a great improvement for me. I am so much more productive now that I don't let myself be scared when tasks starts pilling up.

Eventually I can finally admit that indeed only the worst situations bring the best out of you. It would probably be harder for me to adapt if I didn't go through that intense crash course prior to this semester. I literally had to slip up to realize that.

There's still so much downside from this online class compared to face-to-face, but as a Computer Science student, I finally understood that adapting to changes is almost like the norm in this field. Rejecting this change, not only would set me back but also defeats the purpose of me being a CS student in the first place.

I know not everybody wants rapid changes, but I would like to enjoy the growth and see if it fits me well. That in itself needs courage to fall and get back up because the industry can be so quick to change especially moving forward.

Not to mention, I feel like my subject load have decreased so much now that no coding is involved and lots of maths/algorithms is happening instead. I guess, I just really needed a breathe of fresh air away from the codes to keep me sane haha.

Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.