THE BOYZ NOTICED ME!!

by - November 23, 2020

It's already 4am and I can't sleep cos I'm so over the moon right now!! 

I've never experienced such a big accomplishment like being mentioned by Kpop idols I looked up to. That is something I don't even dare to dream of. It honestly feels surreal to even appear in front of them. 

Before you get confused about what is going on, I'll just briefly explain to you on what just happened. Long story short, I joined this K-culture contest where idols learn and teach people all around the world different Korean cultures. This contest involved few of the big named K-pop artists namely PENTAGON (honestly the reason I decided to join), THE BOYZ, G-IDLE, ONF and OH MY GIRL. Each artist have different genre that they are part of so the one I joined was THE BOYZ's genre.


As much as I wanted to join PENTAGON's genre, I don't really have access to the instruments since their genre is Samul Nori (literally samul means "four instruments" and nori means "play"). So, I joined the genre that I think I could pull of which was Taekwonmu (a combination of taekwondo and "anmu" which means choreography/dance).

Two weeks after submission closed, I got an invitation to be part of the online streaming. Like any other K-pop event, this event also has performances along with some fan interactions, which in this case, interactions with the fellow participants. Honestly, this event is almost similar to KCON except that it's free (both the participation and the streaming).

Ok, moving on to the juicy part.

First of all, I was lucky enough to appear on the screen behind THE BOYZ during the live streaming. Mind you, not everyone who joined got to appear on the screen because obviously it's limited to only a number of people, so the fact that I GOT CHOSEN was honestly a blessing as it is.

This was the screenshot from the livestream.
I'm at the highest row, 3rd from left.
Read my sign: MOONBAE 😍
You have no idea how long the waiting time was and honestly, it would be a total waste of an entire day if I didn't get to appear on it. Prior to this livestream, everything was so messed up because not only things got delayed but the organizer was also EXTREMELY secretive about it. I even thought I was gonna have a personal video call with the artist instead of this ugh.

Then during the livestream, there was no translator so we're kinda just there to show our faces lol. I didn't understand much but I tried to give my best reaction every time they do something funny or cute. It was a fun overall experience but maybe never again lol.

Next is the actual broadcast. So, in case you didn't get the hint, the livestream was all pre-recorded a week before the actual streaming day. Basically, they could do proper editing and what not before the real event, including adding hard subs.

Now, only during broadcast did I realize that THE BOYZ actually mentioned about MY COVER during the event! When the MC asked Younghoon whose performance did he think was the most impressive, he said, 
"I liked this solo dancer. (S)he edited the video and made it look like there are three dancers. I thought that was incredible."

In a different clip where they are deciding the winners, Kevin pointed out on a performance saying, 
"It looks like it's one dancer. (S)he edited the video." 
Then the instructor said, "Oh that's why it looks like there are three people".

Here is a video proof on what happened:

Posted this on my spam acc. Lol don't mind that.

There are NOT many video entries, if not none, that edited like I did. My video was actually inspired by Susiemeoww's cos she does this kind of edit like all the time in her dance covers. I thought it would be cool to have "more people" in my video using that kind of editing. 

One video had similar idea but it's quite obvious that it's a compilation of 3 different clips (unlike my merged style edit), so I was pretty sure that they were talking about MY VIDEO.

After hearing both Younghoon and Kevin's remarks on it, I felt like a true winner! I didn't expect anything out of this and to have idols (ones that I like), mentioning about my video.... just... beyond amazing. I feel like I've achieved my final goal as a fangirl. Legit, being noticed by an idol I like, is literally all I hoped for as a fan and I just achieved exactly that!

My mind just couldn't accept how lucky I am to be noticed like that. Thinking that among tenths of other participants, I was able to stand out to them AND made them think I was worth mentioning, is amazing to say the least. I could never have experienced something that made me as special as this did to me. Totally unexpectable and almost like a dream come true.

Here is my video performance in case any of you are curious:



I was initially bumped cos my main purpose to share the same screen with PENTAGON didn't happen and quiet disappointed with the organizer for not being clear on it. But after everything, I don't have anything else to complain about. THIS IS HONESTLY EVEN BETTER THAN JUST APPEARING BEHIND PENTAGON. Wished it was PENTAGON that noticed me, but being mentioned by a group as talented as THE BOYZ, is more than enough. I am a happy kid!!!

Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.