Final results: Am I repeating?

by - January 27, 2018

Assalammualaikum geng.
Today marks a week since all my final results came out. Tbh, not so proud of it actually. I took a total of 7 subjects last semester, and sat for 6 subjects for finals. 

I have never felt so confident for an exam and I actually had a REAL HIGH expectation on myself for this one. One of the biggest factor for that is actually because of my loan. I really wanted to convert that loan into scholarship so I don't have to pay anything, and the only way to do that is by getting CGPA more than 3.75, which I am no where near as of the previous sem. My aim was to get at least a 3.75 GPA to increase that CGPA of mine.

Now, hear me out. There are subjects where I don't think I did as well for my carry marks BUT I did try my best for finals, so those are what I expected an A- at worst. Let's just say, I trusted my lecturers to be kind enough lol.

All my subjects were not keyed-in at once so we waited day by day for the lecturers to do so. Before the last subject keyed-in, I've been getting As and an A- sooo I was praying hard this one lecturer would do me good...

Of course, this wouldn't have been a story if he did. He didn't.

Behold, my result for this one last subject known as the curse of Linear Algebra and its demonic Numerical Methods... he gave me a C. Not just any C though, a C freaking minussss. That is enough for me to retake my paper bruh. Wth?!

Like can you imagine, all my subjects were so close to a 4 flat and he gave me a wuut /shock

I was so damn pissed. At him. I know I should be blaming myself but I don't think this is entirely my fault. I came to most of his class (walau tak paham skali pun), did all his tasks (walau tak betul skali pun), tried doing well for his lab test (walau soalan pun tak paham skali pun), point is I TRIED MY BEST IN WHATEVER HE ASKED FOR. I am not that stupid to not do revision at all. This whole sem I tried so hard understanding the material even though his teachings didn't make sense to me. Ugh. He could've at least considered that.

But this lecturer memang known for his 'kindness' so as expected, MANY didn't score. However, there is a friend of mine who got a B- and his 'efforts' wouldn't even be considered as one. Just be aware that you can't depend on only your studies to score this subject. This lecturer just wanna see you cheat is all I can say. Imagine 90% (if not all), don't even understand his materials so how can some be better than the rest? Effort? Don't kid me. 

My other friend who always went up to see him during office hours and asking numerous questions, always doing drills for his subject and what did she get with all her efforts?? Same as me. 

I will never get him. He is just too difficult to handle. He should at least consider changing his teaching style... seriously.

After much consideration whether or not I should repeat this subject to fix my pointer again, I was convinced that I shouldn't. I should because a different lecturer might boost up my grade that will lead to a higher CPGA, C- is probably a chance for me to take the risk. However I shouldn't because, next sem I'd be taking MUET and focusing on other tougher subjects might be a better risk. Plus, my mum told me to do so lol. Would getting a 4 flat be achievable though? Well, RIP me.


"Jangan terlalu bangga dengan pengakhiran kita.
Lihatlah perjalanan sebelum kejayaan.
Cara untuk kita mendapatkan sesuatu adalah lebih penting.
Tak perlu bandingkan dengan sesiapa, kerana ia tak adil.

Bagaimana untuk kita menentukan siapa lebih hebat, jika kita hanya melihat pada hasilnya.
Kerana titik permulaannya pun tak sama.
Sihat, sakit, kaya, miskin, ataupun tak punya apa-apa.
Semua bermula dengan berbeza,
Tak mungkin berakhir dengan hasil yang sama.
Pandanglah cara bukan hasilnya." 
- Aqil Shariff, Log-in Diri


Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Relatable. I got a freaking D... someone cakap markah macam tak buat assignment HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.