Back from Raya

by - July 21, 2016

Two weeks had passed since I returned to my hostel. It had been all presentations and submissions for our assignments. Burning the midnight oil is no fun. Perfectionist me is making my life full of dejavu. Correcting a completed work overandoverandover again is turning habitual. I guess I just love making life hard smh.

Anyway, let me skip and start talking about this week because it's when my group actually presents. Out of 3 subjects only 2 had group presentations which are Falsafah Sains dan Teknologi (FST) and Tamadun Islam dan Tamadun Asia (TITAS). My lecturers whom I shall refer as Ustaz for FST (bcos according to him he is one) and Dr. for TITAS as I write along.

I had my TITAS presentation on Monday. I wasn't that prepared for it. I wrote on post-it notes, figuring out what to say the morning itself btw. It was an UNLUCKY START for me that day is2g. I didn't feel like I woke up from the wrong side of the bed when I woke up unusually early that day though. I had an hour to prepare for the presentation before I leave for the bus. Felt good, like everything's cool no need to rush~

Guess what? Bus at 8. And what time did I started sumbat-ing my bag with college stuff?? 7.45 aka 15 mins before... Well, psft you might think that's a lot of time. But trust me, not when all your housemates are already ready to step out and so you subconsciously started panicking going in and out of your room (I live in an apartment/ flat house btw), while trying to grab anything you think you need. Being such a klutz that I am, I forgot 80% of what I actually needed. I learned that putting aside smtg is not the same as packing it altogether. You know the feeling when you're in a car otw to school or work and then only you realise the thing you forgot... That was me, in the bus. When I forgot my notebook which is in my folder, my clear file containing the paper work to the assignment I was gonna present and my presentation notes - yes, the note I made that morning. Everything was left on the study table bcos I forgot to sumbat them in. And on the day we were supposed to submit our SPM result slip, is the day I left the entire folder where I kept it in. Dah tak pasal-pasal kena marah.

Already pasrah in the bus as it is, but life must go on and so I rewrote whatever I did onto another set of post-it note. As usual Dr. always arrives late to class - sometimes if we're lucky he's only late for 15 mins but most of the time it took him almost an hour to reach class. I took that time preparing for what to say all over again. The presentation started with Group 7 and ended with Group 10 (my group). Mine was the last one to present for the day. But before it starts, him being a 'lecturer' just had to take up time giving us lectures which most of the times are repetition of the same. exact. things. Only him talking, took up extra 15 to 20 mins of the class. All the groups from 7 to 9 presented about 30 mins per group. Class ends at 11am. My group started at 10.50am because "sempat lagi". Idk if that's his way of making up for the time he was late or smtg - but he always draaags the classes.

I presented first then the 2nd presenter then when it comes to the 3rd... OH GOD HAVE MERCY!
He. Couldn't. Freaking. Stop. Babbling. Is2g I wanted to shout at him to shut up. Presentation needs to be kept short, yet informative enough for what people need to know. Too much facts aren't amusing, they're boring. Don't expect oooh aaahh from the audience when all of them felt sleepy af after almost 2 hours of class. This group mate of mine expected too much haiih. And this resulted our presentation to have an abrupt ending. I even made a video to present to the class at the end of our talk as a recap, but bcos Dr. was rushing for a meeting we barely get to show the class MY video huhuhu #whatishardwork



Yesterday, I had FST group presentation pulak. Since maaany of us haven't presented, we were informed to be at class by 8 instead of 9 so that more group can present (as so he says). That hypocrisy when he came to class at 9am... YES THE ORIGINAL TIME THE CLASS WAS SUPPOSED TO START. Now why must you rush us - who lives 30-mins away by waking up an hour early just to catch the earliest bus at 7 when you're coming at a usual speed?! That itself is sooo irresponsible bruh.
"Pendidik" 개쁠 -_-

But then, guess what dejavu happen this time? 
Last group again woohoo -__-" 

For a 'Science and Technology' class we got the topic 'Perkahwinan Misyar dalam Islam' like Uhh ustaz, manakah kaitannya? We were chosen to present at random by him and our group is the last one chosen solely bcos of our topic. He was so intense when judging all the group's presentation. In the sense that he will always find smtg to backfire you with. He'll ask the nobody-would-thought-of-googling kinda question and the way he thinks is so 'out of the box' that sometimes I don't even know where's the connection(?)

Fun fact: HE HAS NEVER BEEN THIS WIDE AWAKE FOR ANY OF THE GROUP PRESENTATION. Yes, he sleeps during presentation but but here can you see why? Boys... Men... /sweat

Ustaz is an ustaz for a reason. Stuff like this must've been so intriguing that he just had to cover up the whole topic for us - legitly. I spoke one thing but he covers up the rest. And when he realised the passed time, that's when all the "skip" "skip" "skip" slides started, which I might add very disrespectful bcos it's OUR presentation slides for OUR research and understandings. You don't decide which one we should or should not explain when you don't even guide us in the first place... This my fren, is coming from the lecturer who "wants to see how students think" UGH HYPOCRISY. And all the skipping was bcos he had an 'urgent la sgt' meeting. Really now? Does all lecturers come late to class and ends the class in a rush bcos of a meeting? Seriously though.

I also made another video for this presentation AND DEJAVU!! He skipped everything halfway thru and when I told him we have a video to show he said "Video? Ha takyah. Dah habis, ok terima kasih" WOI BELUM HABIS LA, TAK NAK AKU BERTERIMA KASIH KAT ORANG YANG TAK IKHLAS ISH PEBENDA LA #siapalakita #naktunjukkreativitipundikecam



These 2 lecturers are friends since zaman sekolah so I wonder if they ate anything wrong that could've affect the normality of these people. Both lecturers talks so much that it affect us presenting last and also not having a proper ending. Haih. Sorry for the rant. I just had to. It was pissing me off the whole day hahah. On the other hand, have a blessed half month of Syawal, brothers and sisters.

Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.