February Comebacks - Kpop group bias

by - March 01, 2020

Pretty sure I always make it clear who my bias groups are both in this blog and my Instagram stories. Because this time around is extra special with such legendary comebacks, I just feel like blogging about it.

First up, iKON's 'Dive'.


I was one of the people who were eagerly waiting for their comeback in 2019, only to get heartbroken by all the Seungri and YG drama that happened. I had so much unsaid dissatisfaction that happened with Hanbin being somewhat involved. Of course, I never believed that he was wrong. He was the most well-known in iKON for a reason and that was who Hanbin really is - just so likeable. 

On top of it happening during Lee Hi's first comeback in 3 years. The fact that Hanbin was also promoting 'No One' with Lee Hi halfway through really broke my heart. So rude of YG to let such a scandal ruin both Lee Hi and iKON. Don't even get me started on Double B's debut that YG promised UGHH.

As much as I believe Hanbin will return, my support goes to OT6 iKON for this comeback. They went through so much last year and deserve nothing but love from the world. The song 'Dive' was exactly how I like 'Goodbye Road' and 'I'm OK' to be as their concept after 'Love Scenario'. It's the iKON Hanbin managed to build during the peak of their success. 

It feels weird that Bobby had to rap twice in 'Dive'. Sometimes, I still hear traces of Hanbin's voice maybe because Hanbin did wrote that song.

The album is called 'i DECIDE'. First of all, digging the name! Secondly, did you see the teaser? They were pretty nice. 


At the end, Bobby's words were;

I am me.
I define myself.
I am the reason for everything.
Why not?
i DECIDE.

The moment I heard that in Bobby's voice, I was like "Daaamn sassy!!"

There's another song in the album called 'Holding On' which is actually my fav from that album. It's a song talking about holding on to someone you thought you moved on from - which only brings loneliness and nostalgia. But in the end, missing that person is still bearable.

Breakup is nothing much
After crying my eyes out I felt lighter
Regret is nothing much
I now understand that it will heal with time

i DECIDE is a great album overall. It somewhat feel like a continuation of 'I'm OK' but probably just to me.

Secondly, PENTAGON's 'Dr. BeBe'.



A week after iKON's comeback, PENTAGON surprised me with a new concept. Frankly speaking, I love their bright concepts more because it suits them so well. But guess what? Apparently being psychotic suits them too lol.

The M/V though... talk about duality and their acting bruh. They definitely came back with a stronger and more intimidating look - almost kinda like their debut era. Still unsure what 'Dr. BeBe' is supposed to mean but they're pretty assumable once you see the lyrics.

What should I do?
Oh my, I'm in pain
You are the only one who can heal me
Please come back to me

The highlight of this comeback is indeed their stage presence. It's not easy for every member to portray a psychotic character on stage but I gotta admit, every member pulls it off better than I expected.

This comeback is the first full album from PENTAGON. Almost all the song from the album 'UNIVERSE: The Black Hall' is definitely less intense than 'Dr. BeBe'. They spoiled us with 11 new releases and the fangirl in me is hella excited.

The song that gets to me most is called 'Camellia'. A ballad. Something about ballads from CUBE's artists really sink in well with me. Like B2ST's 'Ribbon', BTOB's 'Beautiful Pain' and PENTAGON's previous featured ballad, 'Violet'. Similarly, 'Camellia' is a song about loving someone warmly and comforting them through their bad times saying that the season has come for them to bloom beautifully. Which is actually portrayed through the camellia flower which only blooms during the winter.

Gather our beautiful stories together
When the camellia flowers bloom, I want to give them to you
Blooms more gleamingly even in the cold winter
When I look at you, this winter is still warm as usual

I was introduced to the camellia flower after the drama 'When The Camellia Blooms' and knowing they made a song called 'Camellia' made me love them more for it. Go watch the drama if you haven't already. Highly recommended if you like to watch and discover about some single-parent struggles!

______________________________________

On a side note, I'm excited for A.C.E's comeback real soon. It's still unclear when but I was assuming it to be on March. There's still no news about it and they kept saying it's coming soon hmm.

In the mean time, check out their high quality cover of James Arthur's 'Empty Space'. They just keep getting better through every release and I'm a proud fan.


On another side note, I reached level 7 on Vlive for iKON after this comeback - following PENTAGON. Still struggling to reach level 7 for A.C.E even when I watch their live at almost every chance I get!



Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.