People around me

by - August 12, 2019

People around me have proved how I can literally be disappointed in someone for as long as I live. I know now that I can't do anything about it. I'm disappointed by people's assumptions on me. Like my knowledge and experience are less worth. They would pretend to know me but at the end of the day, they're not able to admit to their mistakes. Often times, keeping silent meant being stronger.

This goes without saying but, nobody knows yourself best other than yourself. I wish people would respect uncertain boundaries. I can't tell people A to Z about me, especially as a reserved person, but it's always better to ask politely.

People fake their lives and boast about it when in reality, they don't do as they proclaimed. I don't have trust issues because they're bragging, I have trust issues because they're only doing it for the gram and sometimes it's mentally unhealthy - for both the viewers and the uploader.

Apparently, people just won't listen. They only choose to listen to themselves more than others. I know that you may think you know more, but sometimes it shows when you've always been the kind to win over others. It's okay to have a stand, but always think lowly of yourself. Be stupid at times. Listen even if you know everything already, because sometimes there might be some input you probably would've forgotten otherwise.

I guess friends are always for the fun times. Giving off depressing thoughts equivalent to being a pain in the ass. If you're having a good mood, those depressiveness are just gonna spoil things. Lying to yourself sucks, but it's better than explaining a concern to somebody who doesn't even bother to listen.

So lesson time! 

Depend on no one else other than yourself, for your own happiness. Have a positive outlook - on people and on life. And pray. Pray before bed. Pray in the car/bus/train. Pray for all your well-beings any time you thought of the Almighty. I've been guilty of forgetting about Him all the time. Yesterday was Raya Haji and I actually paid attention to the Khutbah. The ustaz (predictably) shared the story of Nabi Ibrahim and his son - Ismail. How the whole history of Qurban happened. 

But one thing that caught my attention was the fact Nabi Ibrahim does not hesitate to put his love for Allah, rather than his love on beings. And that made me realise... what is happening to my generation?? We're all guilty of focusing most of our times on beings rather than on our sole Creator. 

I personally am guilty doing mostly world-related things. The more I think about it, the lesser my deeds for the Hereafter happen to be.

So at the end of the day, your attention isn't really meant for others. It is only for yourself and Allah. Everything else is either a lesson or a challenge. Have faith in Him and you shall be guided well, insyaAllah.


Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.