Korean Speech Contest 2018 Experience

by - November 20, 2018

The second speech contest I've tried out this year.

Compared to the Indonesian Speech Contest (read here) I had, I wasn't feeling good about this one. I was feeling less excited about it as the contest day approaches, but I tried telling myself "whatever happens, happens". I won't go into detail bcos I wasn't satisfied with my performance AT ALL. Nevertheless, it was a great learning experience. 

I always ask myself, why am I learning Korean? I didn't even want to work in Korea or be an interpreter. Is it really worth it all? 

Now that I have an answer Imma just say it. Because learning opens up a new opportunity. Whatever that may be. I actually did enjoy practicing for the speech. It didn't take me that long to go through everything because I knew what I wanted to say and it felt good. I learnt more about word structure as I was writing the script (and got corrected by it). I guess the prize wasn't meant to be mine in the first place, but I'm glad I participated.

I thank Ida for telling me about this and made it possible for me to join huhu. 너무 너무 감사! And Mun for believing in me 끝까지. I'm sorry I couldn't do my best after all your guidance and hardwork. I promise I shall learn more diligently and not depend on you alone when we go Korea hehe.

Speaking of which, I FINALLY BOUGHT THE PLANE TICKETS TO SEOUL!!!

I'm flying next year October during autumn. One of the outcome for this contest is whether or not I got the scholarship to study in Korea and will I be able to make it for our trip... Looks like we can now since I flopped the contest in the end hahah. 

However if I won the speech contest, it would give me another headache on how could I've afford living abroad with the financial state I am in. And I couldn't start my degree in February as I wanted to (not that it is confirmed already but still). So, the concern for it would multiple and I know I won't like it myself. As for the Korea trip, I already had a budget allocation (though it would be great if I could have more for shopping) but I'd worry less and only look forward to the fun part - planning!

I won't complain. I have no intention on quitting anyway. I need to understand what my oppadeul is saying without having to wait for the subs lol.

P.S. Thanks Shaza, Nadhirah and Ilham for coming to support. I was never available to support you guys and I feel so bad, but I would try my best in the future. Sorry yall couldn't understand a single thing on what's happening. Most of it... I didn't too lmao.


Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.