Do what you can

by - November 15, 2017

Recently, I've been up for contests that I can participate in order for me to gain anything out of it. Frankly speaking, money is always the goal... Starting from this semester, I wanna be as independent as I can from my parents' support. With that being said, I've actually planned it beforehand ever since my sem break few months back.

I did the promoters job as a side-hustle for a couple of weekends before my sem starts, to earn some cash. I applied for a convertible loan from my State's office and finally passed all the stages. I submitted my poetry for a National contest though I didn't win anything. I entered a talent show at my university on Monday, performed spoken word poetry then managed to win 2nd place (cash prize yaww). I entered a National video contest about our environment and still waiting for the result. WATCH HERE. Also entered the 1theK dance cover contest, and still not know of the result. WATCH HERE.

UPDATE: I didn't win 1theK dance cover contest this time, but still proud of it for being one of my best effort so far lol.

UPDATE 2: But alhamdulillah, I won 3rd place for the National video competition - MyTreevolution.

All in all, I'm trying a lot more things than I did last sem. Just as planned. Some may lead to one place, some may end there. But the thing that matters is my effort and willingness upon completing every single plan. Even after all those hardwork, and if people tell me it isn't that great, at least to me it felt the best and that is all that matters. Win or lose is a bet I am willing to take, even if I'm doing it wrong I don't want to regret not giving a shot, so don't take it too hard if your opinion was ignored. I wanna prove to myself that I can handle things on my own. All I'm asking is for your support, nothing more and hopefully I can manage it well. Amiin.


Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.