The 'Paperwork' part of a Loan

by - November 03, 2017

This will be a story about the hardwork in getting the Pinjaman Negeri Selangor Sesi 2/2017.

Please be aware that I don't usually apply for these kind of loans and stuff, so I might sounded jakun to all you experienced people... but read on if you wanna learn something (if any) from it.

14.10.2017 (SATURDAY)

Just few days after the 2-week mark since my interview (you can check out my interview questions and tips here), I received one of the most anticipated text for the longest time.


"RM0.00 SUKS: TKWBNS - SEMAK KEPUTUSAN TAWARAN PINJ. PELAJARAN NEG. S'GOR DI ~link~ BERMULA 14 OKTOBER 2017 (SABTU). T.KASIH. "


OMGOMGOMG excited dia Tuhan je yang tahu. Berdebar jantung sambil tunggu internet load cam siput time tu. Then Alhamdulillah...

Dia ada kata 'sukacita' so that means GOOD NEWS. Nothing else matters.

I proceed to look at the required documents. And one of the first thing is to update who your 2 Penjamin are. Penjamin is somewhat the person who will be required to pay for you in case you are unable to pay off the loan yourself. In my case, are my parents. 

The requirements are basically gaji more than RM1500 and their age. First penjamin doesn't have the age limit, only the 2nd one does which is not more than 45 years old. My dad is 45 while my mum is (as of 2017) 44 years old. So they are both eligible in my case. Your relatives and friends can be a penjamin if they don't mind. But leceh la if orang luar, so better close-knit fam like maybe older siblings ke.

Also, penjamin will be needed to sign off the contract together with you. So make the right choice in terms of accessibility as well. Kang dah pilih mak cik pak cik semua, dah kena travel 4-5 jam nak amik tandatangan diorang je. Tak pasal-pasal makan masa.

You are given about 2 weeks to submit. My last submission day is on the 31st October. BUT if you can submit earlier, the better. You can go to the SUK directly like what my dad did. Therefore, no need to wait to submit on the given time and day exactly. 31/10/2017 is a Monday and for me who have classes here in my uni in Melaka is sooo not worth the travel and skipping classes. Thank God my dad called up to find out what the Majlis is all about and turns out it's just hari penyerahan dokumen semata, nothing grand pun. That's what I was told tho lol. That's why I didn't go, so only God knows what really happened.

Step 1: Find 2 penjamin.
Step 2: Open a bank account.

Keep in mind that the bank needed is Bank Muamalat and no other. In my area, there's one nearby. So on my mid-sem break I went with Ka Mun to open an account and we got it done within 1 hour or so. It was the one in PJ at Jaya One.

Things to bring: Surat Tawaran (not stated but good to bring a hardcopy with you), IC, Student ID (don't forget this too!) and a pen.

Step 3: Upload the bank book and fill up the penjamin details online.
Step 4: Printing all the documents including dem 5 copies of contract forms.

This may be the hardest part. Printing all those papers is one thing. Understanding what they want is another.

Your parents will need their photocopied ICs, their payslips (with pengesahan by higher authority) and their signatures.

You will need your IPT's pengesahan (must be stamped on the provided form), your surat tawaran masuk IPT (and also pengesahan by your lecturer or faculty's office if it's the printed copy) with loads and loads of signature. Also, you need a passport picture to paste on one of the pages. Not sure if they mind the background colour of the picture tho. I pasted mine with a white background. The picture is A MUST btw.

Prepare the 3 envelopes too with your name and 2 penjamin's names and address. What I'm saying here are all written in the senarai semakan, so rajin-rajin la print extra and study leklok.

Step 5: Gathering all. Don't miss anything.

After we found out the Majlis Pengesahan is not necessary to attend, my parents quickly decided to come to my uni in Melaka instead of me coming back. The purpose was to just get my signatures and to hand-in all my part of the work to them. So that my dad can hand-in to the SUK the soonest. 

Step 6: Hand-in the completed documents to the SUK office.

After that, fuuuh it was all good.

My dad was told that the money will be bank-in half early December and hopefully they are telling the truth hahah. Now, let the waiting game begins.


UPDATE (1.12.2017): The money was banked-in after a month from the closing date of submission, which in my case was 31st October. I got it in lump sum btw.

Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.