Let's Hike!

by - April 23, 2017

Out of all the many activities held by the one-and-only club that I'm in, I finally have a reason to bring my friends along! I get to invite the boys as well, since it was a hiking event and I could claim it as generally men's interest. With the initial intention of bringing all 5 of my friends along, only 3 of of them were actually able to make it. My 2 wingmen weren't there - Nurin and Ikha - so that was kinda a bummer. Nevertheless, Arep, Yumi and Zarep were still able to join me!!

The hike takes place at Broga Hill in Semenyih, Selangor (a.k.a near the Negeri Sembilan border). We started our day so early I couldn't even believe I'm still awake and start typing this post within the same day. We gathered at 1am this morning for a 4am hike across-the-state (note that I'm currently studying in Melaka). SO DAMN EARLY WEHH!

It was a little late after 1am when Yumi and I leave our rooms. As we were walking towards the gathering area, I gotta admit that all our timing matches sooo well... because on that exact same time, I can see Arep and Zarep passed-us-by with their bike (bcos this is an event organised by my residential college not theirs, so they basically need a bike to get here)


This was on Zarep's instastory though haha

In the bus, we sat on a 'front-and-back sitting' with the boys being in front of Yumi and I. The boys leaned their seat back to sleep so it was really cramped up for us girls, but really nice for them... Twas very gentlemen, guys. Anyway we were pretty close so it feels cozy anyhow. I didn't really keep track of the time but we left somewhat on time from destination to destination. I think we left at around 2am then reached Broga at about 4am. 

Upon reaching Broga, it was pouring so we had to wait for it to stop. We just stayed in the bus the whole time. I heard the people in-charge questioning, whether we should go on with the plan to hike since the track would be slippery and such... I was really worried it didn't turn out as planned. I mean, malu la dah ajak kawan pastu plan cancel like we're all there dah yknow. But it didn't take that long for the sky to clear up, thankfully. The first thing that surprised me was the fact there was an entrance fee of RM1 per head (I mean bukan dulu free je ke hmm), but the parking was free (for anyone who brought a car). I wanted to use the toilet but after hearing the toilet fee, sedut balik apa nak dihajatkan tadi. It costed a buck! RM1 for a toilet, WHY SO MAHAL?! "Jadi coklat kot taik bila buang kat sana", says one budak yang tak sayang mulut.

I brought a torchlight knowing we'll hike in the dark but my friends all didn't. We started out with Zarep being in front then me and then the couple (Arep and Yumi) at the back. We climbed up to the entrance in one group but we somewhat got separated by the 'stairs' part cos it was very steep for Yumi. I tried keeping up with Zarep like omg this dude kann, tak bawak torchlight pun laju dia mak aii. He was running his way up non-stop that when I finally see him sitting I was like "Akhirnya, ingatkan tak nak stop tadi!" with a loooong sigh after. My leg muscles were so stretched from it that I was so worried I'll get sudden cramps while hiking. Alhamdulillah I didn't end up with any.

In the end, Zarep and I reached the 2nd peak first ahead of the couple. We got there at 6am, I think. We gathered around for awhile before Yumi and Arep finally arrived at around 6.30am. Everyone prayed Subuh there. Then we went on with our little photoshoot session. Since it rained before, the sky was very foggy. There wasn't any view. Around 7.30am, we finally got a glimpse of the hills. Then we lepak up there for a solid 2 hours or so, bcos some of the others wanted to hike up to the 3rd platform. 

Look at the hills wooo

The only time I look decent with the view is when everyone else isn't -_-



So many kelkatu was flying around it was seriously uncomfortable. I'm cringing when even picturing the whole scene again.

The view was nice and the accompany was nice too. When we were finally heading back down, I just realised that our way up wasn't the same as the one I hiked before. This is my second trip to Broga, I went with my family before so I had few experiences here. However, our way down was much more familiar to me since it was the same trail as my first hike at Broga. Surprisingly, it is the same for Zarep too.

My friends are so childish, gosh. They were running and jumping all the way down... I feel like a worried mum. But I joined them when I figured it is safe enough (and when no one else was around so we can run further ahead without distraction of having to avoid), cos I didn't wanna get left behind. I had my first slip while running though hahaha. Thank God, Arep was right behind me and that he managed to grab my arm so I wouldn't have to fall on my butt.

That was it for my hiking trip.

---------------------------------------


But the day didn't end just yet. 


We also went to Sungai Tekala for a quick bath. Yumi and I didn't plan to get wet in the water but we eventually did. The flow was very deras and the water was really clean. There was one long branch stuck in between two large stones above the water. Arep and Zarep were clinging onto it and playing around like legit monkeys. 
For me, I was so insecure to try it bcos 
1. I'm a hijabi getting wet like what would people see, you get me? 
2. I'm short af that not even half of my body could reach the water lol, so most part of my body is still visible 
3. I wear a shawl. The kind where it gets short on one end while remains long on the other.....

All in all, that's my struggle right there. But I tried doing it once after getting convinced. If I could, I would go all out and dive in like nobody's business. But you know, everything has its limits whether you like it or not. So, moderation is the key. Dapat berendam pun kira puas jugak la. 

Sorry, but it was hard carrying a charging phone at the sungai so that explains why there's no picture of us there.

We bought some kuih to eat in the bus and we went home right after. Well, the bus did stopped at R&R Branang but nothing much was there so none of us ate proper lunch. And thus, we reached back at 4pm to end our journey... Yay! 

Everything was well-planned and turned out great. All the sudden back-outs, the rain, the hang outs, it all came with hikmah. The only sad thing was the lacking of nice pics lol. Anyhow, everything was great. To more hang-outs with them and Nurin and Ikha in the future!!

The trip fee was RM5 only and plus the entrance fee all we didn't spend that much... so money wise, it's really convenient too heheh me definitely likey.


Dropping  by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.