Hectic yet worth it

by - March 23, 2014

Just so you know, I've been playing truant. Nah jokess but lately I HAVE not been entering class. The reason is because surprisingly I am getting more occupied with co-curriculum activities or in other words I AM BEING TOO ACTIVE. /sweat

Firstly, I had missed 1 week of class a week before exam because I had Malay debate competition. Well, the competition didn't take up all 5 days but the practice definitely had. Then, I'm also representing my school in the Malay public speaking competition (as told in my previous entry) which happen to be during the exam week. After that, the week right after my exam I have KOMSAS drama inter-class competition (it's basically Malay literature). My class did "Tiang Cengal Dinding Sayung" from the form 5 KOMSAS book and since we haven't started practicing we were struggling preparing all the props, memorizing our lines and change certain scenes.

The day before the competition, we literally JUST done editing our whole script. It was totally last minute for some of us to memorize our parts. But we had to because our play happen to be 50 minutes when it was only supposed to be less than 30 minutes. Surprisingly, my part didn't change so that's a relieve.

Getting to the part of the competition where my class is performing (we performed last btw), our play started well (though it was quite boring) UNTIL some of us got confuse and messed up some scenes. Not to mention, the end bell was rang 10 minutes before we could actually end the play. Some of us were having trouble with the exchange of head mics. URGH IT WAS CHAOTIC BACKSTAGE. We got down the stage feeling pretty upset because honestly speaking, we didn't perform our best. But that was put aside, when my class was announced the 3rd place. I was just like "WHAT THE HELL?!?". Personally, it felt like pidato all over again. We didn't expect to get anything because we were so bad but we glad we won though it's probably by luck.



I've been getting bronze a lot lately aha. But I'm glad I received something... Alhamdullilah.

The runner-up was 4 Kemanusiaan Nyatoh with their play from the drama "1400" from the form 5 KOMSAS book. They had spiritual scenes and mixture of drama along the way (obviously) so it was funny and enjoyable.

And the winner was 4 Sains Belian with "Cempaka Berdarah" from the form 4 KOMSAS book. Their acting was great and their props was managed well... It was a good job =D> There were also fake blood and some romance drama happening between the 'adopted sister' and the brother. Well overall I would say, they deserved to win. Both classes were good nonetheless.


There ya go! Thanks for reading, I'll be sure to update more soon. BTW IT'S THE SCHOOL HOLIDAY YAWW!
/bye

Xx,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.