Escapade to Cameron!

by - June 23, 2013

Hey. Okay so I went on a vacation last weekend but since I reached home on Sunday night, I didn't get to share any story or experience about my trip. You can probably tell what I'm going to share with you from here.


Yeah so my family and I went to Cameron Highlands for Fathers' Day! Well it was actually planned by my dad himself though. It was technically my 2nd time I've been there. The first was when I was a few months old in my mum's belly... if that actually counts. 
Anyway, we went there on Saturday the 15th and stayed there until Sunday the 16th. Btw, on the same Saturday it was also my school's annual Sport's Day (which I had to miss because of this trip).

Our hotel view from our car's parking spot.

That is basically where we stayed for 2 days and 1 night. Heritage Hotel. It was a nice and decent hotel. The rooms are comfortable and just simply relaxing.
This is where my parents and lil brother sleep for the night.
And this is mine and my elder brother's room.
My parents and lil brother sleep in a queen-sized bed while my elder brother and I sleep in another room with 2 single beds. Don't get this wrong, there's a door in between the two rooms so it wasn't really a 'private' room for any of us. The view from the room wasn't that much but it was mainly trees and deffo a sight for sore eyes.


Look at the relaxing view and the greenery hills!
Here are the 2 baboons breathing in some cool air from the balcony.
Later that evening, we went to one out of the many strawberry park there is in Cameron.


It wasn't cheap I must say.

If you notice there's sprinkles of (added) sugar at the side of the container. 

I must admit that I'd tasted better ice-cream, but this is also quite okay.
After that, we went shopping a bit for some souvenirs at the night market.

My favourite purchase at the market. Even though, it's not mine.
That is also a birthday gift I bought for Eisyah since her birthday was on the 16th. I just thought, why not I buy her a customized souvenir from Cameron for her birthday and this is what I got! Pretty satisfied with it. Eisy, if you're reading this I HOPE YOU LIKE IT AS MUCH AS I DO!


The hotel view from outside during night time.
My total purchases for the night, as well as the whole trip.
I always wanted the strawberry slipper for myself. I know, lame... but I find it comfy okay so shut it. The rest are all souvenirs for "certain friends". They're fridge magnets. I just love fridge magnets idek why. The last time I went somewhere was early of this year which is Universal Studios Singapore (USS) and Legoland, Johor and I got my friends lego bricks which are also fridge magnets. Heh.

So the next day we went to MARDI (which is the abbreviation for Malaysian Agricultural Research and Development Institute). It's basically just walking around looking at the many beautiful flowers and plants there.

20.9 degree Celsius that's how chilly Cameron was compared to the 30 degree Celsius in KL.


You definitely do not want to get lost here.


Notice anyone missing? *cough* me *cough*

Facts about different types of strawberries.






And again, I wonder who's missing eh?










I love the temperature. I wish KL could be this cold.

Trailing behind the boys.

Notice the tree actually forming a heart shape.

Stranded tortoise in the pond.



Then we went back to the hotel and pack our things up and get ready to leave the hotel. But before we actually leave Cameron there's one place we couldn't miss... the tea plantation! We went to Cameron Valley's tea plantation.




The two people who planned and decided to bring us here!


After going through all the tea bushes, finally... the peak!

Nothing much up here except for the cool breeze that can never be felt back in KL.

Casually standing in the middle like he owns the place.

The feeling of reaching the top (of the world).

That's the cafeteria, where people stop by to have a sip of different types of tea served.

He was just posing no hard feelings, plant lovers!
Btw, here's a short story for you people...

Once there was a boy, alone in the bushes.

One day a 'visitor' came by, looking for the boy.

The boy hid and kept hiding in the bushes.

After a while, the boy stood up (for idk what reason) and blew his cover  up.

At the end, the boy finally got caught.
That was a random story made up of random pics taken while they were playing hide-and-seek. There was a random circle in between of the bushes where my brother hid, if you noticed.

Saw a pathway below one of the bushes. Guess we're not the only people playing hide-and-seek around here.

Family photo!
Aha notice I'm standing on a higher ground and  it made me look slightly taller than my mum and brother.

The snacks we bought from the cafeteria there.
P.S. I mentioned about the place in one of the pictures taken above.
I ordered the chocolate tea which is in the white mug closest to the camera. It tasted just like hot cocoa tbh.

These are the other souvenirs bought by my family.
A scorpion amber which I find really cool and also unique.

I guess that is all for this entry. I uploaded so many pictures on this post. It was a great week and I wish I could stay there because the fact that they don't need air conditioners (since it's naturally cold there) was really relaxing and not to mention cool too.

Cheers! 
Xx,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.