Getting into another group - TRENDZ

by - August 26, 2023

At this point, I should really stop getting into more groups. However, I am so invested with their songs that I find so hard to not love this one!

TRENDZ is a boy group debuted on 5th January 2022 so they're still a rookie group. The group consists of 7 members with the oldest born in 1999 and youngest born in 2005. I don't think you bother to remember the members names, so we shall skip that part of the introduction 👀

The story begins with how I first heard of them.

This is a bit unusual these days (moreover kpop) but I actually first heard them on the radio. At that time they had a comeback with a song called 'NEW DAYZ' and I first thought it was a really good song. The song had a good hook and I immediately Googled it so that I can add it to my Spotify playlist. Typical behaviour.


I liked it so much that I even searched up their choreo on YouTube. I thought the dance was pretty good.

I listened to the same song for about 4 months until I decided to try listening to their other songs. Figured that I might like them too.

The next song I played on YouTube was 'VAGABOND'. The title reminded me of the K-drama of the same name lol. This was their comeback prior to 'NEW DAYZ'.


When I played their dance practice video, this is when I became amazed by them. Their choreo was very powerful but the song actually sounds good. The sound wasn't as fierce as I thought. The choreo definitely blew me away - it was so beautifully choreographed and they all danced so well with the energy.

I read the comments saying how all their choreography are always so good, so I got curious.

I thought I wouldn't get any more impressed until I watch the next song 'CLIQUE'. At this point I was just like "Why do all their song sounds soo good??" bcos it's rare to see me liking all the songs that I play back-to-back. More impressively, the choreo is always so satisfying to watch. I'm just in love 😍


After watching 3 videos, I was like, "There's no way I'm gonna be impressed with another video" and then I played 'Villain' and bruh, I SPOKE TOO SOON!


'Villain' is literally another level of cool. They literally choreographed the dance with a rope! If NCT Dream danced with a hoverboard and Speed danced with heelys, TRENDZ danced with ropes!


I'm sure it's not the first time people uses ropes as props. I've personally seen PENTAGON using ropes for their performance in Road to Kingdom and I've seen Stray Kids performing with ropes on their neck during 'Red Lights' at their concert, but to see a group dancing with ropes as part of the entire choreo was something else.

I was just blown away by how good they make the choreo look and how they gave the rope its own identity within the choreo. Like it wasn't to simply make it appear "cooler"... They definitely did not half-ass it here.

All of their choreo are so satisfying to watch that I just couldn't get enough of them. I'm falling so hard for their songs and dances.

I'm so excited bcos they're having a comeback in September - yes, that's next month! I can't wait to be impressed by them again. They're also going on their first world tour soon. Not sure if they're coming anywhere near me, but I'm surely gonna be tempted to go. 


I do feel like it's veryyy soon to be having a world tour especially since they're still a rookie with basically little to no presence in the vast kpop industry yet, but I applaud the company's effort to promote them. They don't even have a lightstick yet, but I'm excited for their future opportunities. I hope they won't disband too soon huhu.

Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.