Song Pick #1

by - September 09, 2021

Thinking of recommending some songs I got hooked to on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. And well since blog is my only safe haven, why not share it at the place where nobody usually comes right? 

Disclaimer: Like any other commitment-related stuff, I can't promise that I will have a part 2 onwards BUT I'll try my best to not ditch it so soon hehe.

Song Pick is basically a series with a list of song recommendations that I've recently discovered and enjoyed for the past month or so. I think my music taste is very typical pop genre and a little ballad depending on my mood. I do listen to hiphop and raps, but often times when I do listen to those it's either because someone recommended it to me or my favorite artists have something to do with it. All in all, I hope you can give some of them a listen!

1. ONEUS - Life is Beautiful

When I first heard this, I thought it was just a nice happy summer song. But when I wanted to sing along with it, I realized that behind the summery vibe the lyrics were actually very motivational.

I'm currently in the phase of feeling insecure as a fresh grad, so this song literally came just in time to tell me that "it's okay if you don't have anything you want to do and it's okay to walk a little slower".


This song has an English ver. as well, but to me, Korean lyrics are best when you understand the actual phrases they use. Not gonna lie, I kinda felt reassured about my life after listening to this.

2. PENTAGON - Cerberus

I'm so biased with this recommendation lol. This song is by the three PENTAGON maknae a.k.a the trio who produced a lot of other PENTAGON's songs. Kinda like the 3RACHA of PENTAGON if I can steal that idea haha.

Cerberus is the 3-headed dog who guides the gate of hell according to the Greek methodology. Basically, they're comparing themselves to it since they're the viscous trio.

I like when a song has a good hook and this one definitely has that! At Kino's part (0:42)! 


Pour liiiiiiquour~ (aigoo)

3. THE BOYZ - KINGDOM COME

Ok, confession time. I actually have not watched the last episode of Kingdom oops. But I'm already spoiled and know the entire ranking so it's fine. Don't feel like wasting 3 hours of watching iKON losing lol.

But since the final song was pre-released, I listened to this song before seeing their performance stage and boy, did I really like it. No wonder this song topped the charts so quickly!

My fav has to be Sangyeon's high note at the end. The live performance literally gave me goosebumps!!


4. BLACKPINK - You Never Know

Not a new song but I only properly listened to it after discovering it from SuperStar YG. It's one of those sad BP song. Not that they have a lot of it anyway but I really liked 'Stay' so this song has a similar vibe.


The chorus says it all.

You'll never know unless you walk in my shoes
You'll never know 엉켜버린 내 끈
Cos everybody sees what they wanna see
It's easier to judge me than to believe

5. Stray Kids - Star Lost

My brother have been weirdly obsessed with Stray Kids after founding out they sang for one of the anime's ED (ending theme song). He was surprised upon finding out they sang 'God's Menu' and that I made a dance cover of the song last year(?). Then Kingdom happened so we talked about SKZ a lot since I also heard more of them from Kingdom.

Now, he's at that fanboying stage and his bias is Seungmin haha. Since they just came back with 'Thunderous', naturally, my bro made me listen to their latest album and this song was one of our common like. He isn't really into heavy EDM songs so I guess this song successfully made the cut. 


P.S. He also wasn't into 'God's Menu' actually boohoo. 

6. Park Ji Hoon - Gallery 

Not a fan of Wanna One but because I watched the web drama "Love Revolution", I decided to give his comeback a listen which I turn out to quite enjoy.



7. A.C.E - again (g.o.d cover)

This is an old song by g.o.d so it sounds very 1st gen kpop. But my boys sounds good singing some oldies and if you like some Hospital Playlist OST vibe, check this one out for that same OST-worthy feeling. Best yet, it's on Spotify too!



Here's a video of the performance for a good view of their vocal harmonization.


P.S. If you didn't know, Hospital Playlist's OST are remakes of songs from the 90s too!

I guess Imma end the list here. Just keeping the list short one at a time, even though I have more on repeat haha.

Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.