Here's My Plan (Kdrama Review)

by - June 22, 2021

Here's My Plan or "목표가 생겼다" (literally "I Found A Goal"), is a 4-episode MBC mini-series starring some of our small rising stars, Kim Hwan Hee and Kim Do Hoon. 

It was released pretty recently on May 19, 2021 and I'm surprised how little attention this drama got. Even I happen to found it by chance through another web drama.


This drama is about a high school dropout, Lee So Hyun, (Kim Hwan Hee) who seeks to take revenge on her dad (Ryu Soo Young) for "ruining" her life after abandoning their family. He runs a chicken restaurant in a small neighbourhood where Cho Yoon Ho (Kim Do Hoon) works part time at. While So Hyun makes plan to ruin her dad, she ended up learning unexpected things that kept diverting from her plans.

Review time!

It's been a while since I've seen such a well-made mini-series which doesn't hang me loose. If you're a fan of other good mini-series like Splash Splash Love or You Drive Me Crazy, then you will love this one! If you haven't even seen those, then those should be in your list too.

Even though the main characters are high school age, this drama doesn't revolve around the typical life in Korean high school but instead on the life of a dropout. It was a fresh point of view and I like how it felt like a high school drama but doesn't actually depicts as one? I'm a sucker for high school-themed dramas but this one balances those school elements with the harsh real world perfectly.

It's also not common to see a rebellious girl as the main character (I'm talking bout committing actual crime) and you will probably think this girl crosses the line a lot, but I think that's the charm of it. The misunderstanding is also quite silly to think about. You will see her as selfish a lot of times but you will also learn to understand her in some of those times. Even so, it's the age of puberty so they eventually do makes sense.

The romance in this drama is what I'd say BETTER THAN MOST KDRAMAS. There's actually some heat in the romantic scenes... and they're barely even adult age (in Korea)?? Not overly done ofc, but surprisingly enough to get those butterflies flying.

At a glance, the love story is similar to how 2 broken people fall in love, but this one probably isn't too extreme. They're more towards innocent love I'd say. 

Overall, it was a really fun watch. Despite being short, it has a satisfying ending with really satisfying love story - both family and romantic relationships.


If you need some short and sweet drama for a quick mood lift, this is a good one. 10/10! Definitely goes into one of my top fav mini-series.

Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.