Semester 5 - Last Year of Diploma!

by - September 10, 2018

Wow. I didn't blog in August at all.

August was basically just me and internship. 

All I could say is that 9-5 job really takes away my life. I didn't get much of me time at all. On the other hand, the company where I was interning at is probably the only place I've worked at WITHOUT any management issue. I've worked at a fast food, cafe and even as a promoter, so this is my first ever office life experience. I was expecting some kind of management problem since it's pretty common everywhere I go but here, I only had to stress about my own work. Not sure if it's because I'm a temporary worker but I'm glad they lived up to what their job advertisement claimed to be - work hard, play hard (read 'fun'). Don't know if I'd ever have amazing colleagues in the future like I did here.

Not gonna lie, my job is pretty boring. I guess because I was doing something that doesn't challenge me much. But I still did my best and had fun nevertheless. I had so many intern friends and we're all sekepala so it kills all the dullness.

I didn't have to worry about transportation, it's like a 10 mins drive from my house and a 45 mins ride on the public transport. In case you didn't know, I did the latter. Everyday in a week... now that's a  real challenge! I'm just glad I'm taking the LRT heading to Subang and not to KL, cos bruh KL morning traffic is da MVP of all challenges (even on the LRT)!

First week into my final sem and I can happily say I've completed my internship including dem reports and presentations, completely! Alhamdulillah~

The reason I couldn't blog during internship was because I was keeping myself busy with my own projects which mostly consists of video making, not that they're any good but just wanted to spend my sem break accomplishing what I palnned to, even if my weekdays are entirely in the office doing repetitive things.

But now that I'm in my 3rd year, I feel like this sem is gonna be the best one yet. I'm living off-campus, living cost has obviously increased but the people in my house have been really fun. I wish this would last forever...

My subjects have tremendously decreased. We're only taking 3 subjects and one Final Year Project (FYP) this sem. 2 of those are electives and my chosen subjects are pretty... dry (lol why do I choose to be like this?? #challenging #suicidalattempt), but they're software and robotic subjects so I'm feeling pumped because they sounded cool (cooler than networking, at least).

I talked and asked around my classmates for their chosen elective subjects and I got one question in return that initially wasn't in my mind, which was "Did you take it because it was easy to score?"

My thoughts on it? No, I didn't choose any subject because "it was easy to score". I know a lot of people think this way because we just wanna pass with good grades, so that our pointer will look good - that's all what students really want. But to me, I wanted more than that. 

What's the use of getting an A but not gaining anything else, versus getting a B or even a C, but you made a progress on yourself? Obviously if you're in your right mind would you choose having a progress. That's when it will really paves you somewhere. 

Why would you wanna be stuck in your early semester when you are physically on your final? Don't have the mindset of having "the easy way out", because you are just closing yourself to those bigger opportunities if you had just kept going harder.

I wanted my friends to know that those grades that I got, the one that you guys think I don't deserve... I just want you to know that it wasn't the grade that I'm aiming for. It was the sincerity and honesty that I put into each and every subject that I took up since my first semester here, that I wanted to be  proud of. I don't believe in cheating. I find that to be the most apologetic thing you can do to yourself. I worked hard to be in a class not to show people that I'm good. I be in a class and did what I did, because I feel like I could do better and I didn't want to end up like a loser, not in people's eyes but in my own. I learn to trust my own work more. Because why would you degrade yourself in a way people do to you? At least, you should be proud of your own work and accept the fact that the more things you need to fix, the more chances God is giving you. And that is what makes progress so fun. It's a cycle of learning and self-trust. Those who are willing to help you deserve yourself, should be the one you find, not the ones wanting you to throw your self-worth away.

At the end of the day, you are on your own. So whichever path you take, even if it ended in a dump, at least make it worth the ride.

Like on this last semester, I'll treat it as if it's my first, so that I will keep going harder and be less afraid to be me.

Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.