Weekend Concert: iKON and Winner in KL

by - October 19, 2018

It has been a week since iKON and WINNER set foot in Malaysia and I have been missing them since. It is technically my third K-pop concert and the second group I've witnessed with my own pupils. Yet I still cannot tell if I was witnessing them live or just me jamming to them through the screens on my phone. I have a hard time differentiating that. Maybe because concert big screen exists hmm.

So I went to TWO concerts last weekend - iKON and WINNER's. I bought the best seating zone and got rockzone respectively. Honestly, I couldn't afford both concert tix and I was an iKONIC more than I am an INCLE so I just had to pay and secure my tix for iKON's #priority. 
But I couldn't ignore how much I love WINNER's music too. Though I didn't really watch much of their variety shows or music videos, I listened to their EVERYD4Y album A LOT. Sampai tak tengok lyric pon dah hafal and that's when I know I wanna see them live too. I had faith I'm gonna go for it.
Prior to the concert, Ka Mun and I have been trying our lucks for WINNER concert tix by joining most, if not all, giveaway contests organized by their sponsors. One thing I thanked the organiser - Macpiepro for is the courtesy for them to list down the sponsors for each concert for us. That made our contest search much more easier. TIPS: Follow the sponsors' social medias like FB and Instagram. They will usually post contests there few weeks before the concert!

All the contests that we joined are usually sharing posts but some do asked us to buy something. Like for OXY, they wanted us to purchase their product (no min value) and upload our receipts. Another one by epop Malay, they wanted us to get the entry form from their magazine. So those are basically the only ones I paid for. Others are like dining at Manhattan Fish Market a minimum of RM60 in a single receipt. Well, you get the idea.

Ka Mun won the OXY but she won only ONE blue zone tickets. FYI, blue zone is the cheapest zone. But since that was one of the contests which announced the winners early, we still had chance to try other latest contests. In the end we both won a pair from the media partner - Oh Hangat. There were like 20 winners listed and so Ka Mun and I expected either blue zone or green zone but to our surprise, they gave us TWO Inner Circle Zone (a.k.a the rockzone a.k.a the most expensive zone a.k.a the least expected one) each! We knew then... our lucks were the best for that week. They made the announcement on the day Ka Mun and I were at the event with BTOB's Sungjae pulak tu maigod.

About the event, let's just say we got lucky too. Tapi bad news for me, I accidentally deleted all of the pics and recordings that I took that day. Sob sob.

I ain't gonna say how the concert went, it was self-explanatory by looking at my posts on IG. But for the unpopular opinion, this concert is actually pretty well-organized. The security was okay. Quite fussy on the bag check procedure but it wasn't a major bummer. They almost took away my dad's binoculars that I brought with me, but thank God the chief security guy let me go. Almost had a verbal fight with one of them lol.

It didn't rain for both days when it's during the rainy seasons. Miracle or what?

I could enjoy the concert more because the place was small. They performed at Stadium Malawati, Shah Alam. I love small venues tbh. I could see the idols closer in real life. I got a lot of freebies for iKON since we came early. But for WINNER, we were late. 
Red Zone view
Inner Circle view
The concert tickets had 50% off for Mcalls users so it was the only reason we could afford the best seating zone (after reselling our green zone tix). Glad we weren't tamak at first and get the more expensive zones because if not we would've had a harder time selling them off and getting our money worth. 

One of my concerns when going to a K-pop concert is the fact that we will have communication barrier during the ments, but little did I know iKON and WINNER didn't even need to use a translator! They spoke English so fluently with each other and even made jokes in a language I COULD ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND. Love that! 

iKON didn't talk much about Malaysian food or culture but they made it special by performing their latest songs! WINNER, on the other hand, talked about Malaysian food that they ordered on room service and both of them completes everything that I needed to hear. 

I made an LED banner for "Chanbin" and pretty sure the boys saw it. I saw Chanwoo waving at my way and I had it recorded (the quality was bad though). 
Last but not least, this all happened during my birthday weekend and everything became 100X more memorable. My close friends gave me presents and I got to celebrate it with my family after not being home for more than a month and had dinner at Seoul Garden. Ikha gave me a new purse and belanja me Big Bowl Ice (my first time!), Arep and Yumi gave me a drawing of me lol (#ilookedfat), Ka Mun gave me the official keychain merch of B.I (#merchareexpensive) and bought another B.I banner, Zarep gave me a Spongebob cap, Bad gave me a blue-striped socks and BTOB Sungjae gave me a BTOB album signed by him ON THE BIRTHDAY itself. Oh and Idris sang me a happy birthday song using Zarep's phone like they did for me last year... tak sempat rakam lagi sekali huhu. 
Anyhow,

BEST. BIRTHDAY. CELEBRATION. EVER!!!

P.S. All concert fancams (including me singing) is up on my IGTV (@amelynnhisham)... too embarassing to be posting on Youtube lol.


Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.