Choosing a Major

by - December 09, 2017

I can't believe how fast time flies. My semester is already ending! Felt like I'm still in my first year of diploma, when really it has already been my second. 

The time has come where we gotta choose our electives which indirectly means choosing our major!! As I already am an IT student, the rest of the question is which part of IT am I leaning towards.

My choices of subjects (for next sem) are; Artificial Intelligence (AI), Database Administration (DBA), Networking, Active Directory and Digital Media Design

Throughout all my 3 semesters up until now, I have not quite been a fan of networking subjects. Things that deal with Operating System, the computer hardware, configuration and such topic are my least interest. That is why I am rejecting Networking and Active Directory, since they are both coming from the same roots. However, many of my close friends are interested in networking which kinda pushes me aside from the group. 

Now, AI has been one of my considerable subjects ever since I became an IT student. But since robotics and physics aren't really what I would deal well with, even looking at myself right now, so I decided this too might not work best for me. However, this is also what a lot of my friends are considering, but a lot of them are still unsure because of Additional Mathematics. I'm expecting lots of formulas and calculation in this one for sure. Which is also not what I would settle happily with.

Leaving my options with DBA and Digital Media Design. Surprisingly, database subjects has been one of my favourite, because they are pretty easy to understand and comprehend. In addition, programming is also very satisfying to me and I guess, my wish of studying Software Engineering might turn out to be possible in my near future if I keep this passion up... who knows?

For Digital Media Design, I am expecting lots of Adobe stuff again. Even though the previous multimedia-related subjects have not been so nicely graded, I pray that this won't be a bad choice for me. I am probably looking forward to learning After Effects and motion graphics through this subject. And really wish I can put this subject into good use. Even though, I'm aware that I got no talent for this. Oh well, screw it!


So, that's it for the update. Really not sure what to expect from each classes, but we shall see. Guess we just gotta go experiment them next sem huhu.


Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.