Head-to-toe Haul

by - October 12, 2014

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POST WAS INITIALLY WRITTEN ON OCTOBER 2014. THOUGH I KNOW IT'S SUPER DUPER EXTREMELY LATE, BUT SINCE I ALREADY TYPED IT AND ALL MIGHT AS WELL PUBLISH IT ANYWAY. 

"last published on 06-Apr-2014"
Well, ehem soz is all I could say aha.

Anyway, I have some GREAT achievement. I HAD HAPPILY SUCCESSFULLY GLADLY BOUGHT SOME STUFF FOR MAH 'NOT-SO SWEET' 16!!
First and foremost, I was on a tight budget and the initial reason I went out was just to watch One Direction's one weekend only... YES I REPEAT ONE FREAKING WEEKEND ONLY Where We Are film. So yeah that was the real reason BUT I was forced to buy some clothes by my annoying ass bij for my birthday. And so I decided to shop for head-to-toe items as I "so desperately needed them".

Here's a lil preview of what I initially planned on buying:
  • Clothes; Hooded denim jacket
  • Pants; Black jeans
  • Shoes; Oxford shoes
  • Others; Earphone
Venue: Paradigm Mall (a.k.a the mall that takes 3 mins walk from my house)
Budget: About RM200

Before we go on, I think you should really know that I can be the pickiest shopper ever. For instance, I really really really need to make my money worth the item and it needs to suit my 'high-standard' taste for clothing. I could spend hours looking for clothes and in the end not buying anything. So, if you are on a tight budget and going to a mall somewhat not as glam as OU (One Utama) then please read on.

Clothes
First stop... H&M.
Sorry H&M fans but I think that H&M is just a so-called branded store selling extremely low quality and overpriced clothes and accessories. Like seriously, you could get a wayyyy better quality clothes with much much lesser price somewhere else. Sooo not the kind of shop to worth my money. Out I go.
Next was Cotton On, Nichii, Kitschen... Selling shits I just would never buy.
Last store was Padini and Brands Outlet. Thank god for it being located side-by-side. 2 stores I would actually willing to spend my money in. 
Okay, when I talk about clothes, I am extremely particular on covering the right amount of skin showing... if you get what I mean. Three-quarter sleeve is a big no-no for me. Same goes to sheer blouses NEVER. The reason: I hate wearing extra clothing just to cover up.
As I wrote above, I was initially looking for a ((hooded)) denim jacket. But I couldn't find any that is within my budget nor does it suit my taste. At last I coincidentally laid my eyes on the most perfect lace sweater for someone like me. And can you believe it, found the exact same lace sweater (same colour, lacing, design EVERYTHING) in H&M which cost RM99.90. Hah overpriced much.
Cons: Three-quarter sleeves with lacing in front (which means literal holes) so in the end I'll hv to wear smtg else to cover it up sob sob.
Pros: Looked great nonetheless. Perfect for people who's so picky on finding clothes.

Moving on,
Pants
I walked into Brands Outlet knowing I'll definitely afford to buy a pants there. It's true I can get 2 jeans for just RM60 yes, but the real problem is do they have the right size for me? I wanted a black pants that could go with everything yknow... sadly only the denim jeans have my size. Like I actually wanted just the non-denim pants but oh well life ain't fair.

Final destination was to find Shoes.
In my head was just OXFORD SHOES. OXFORD SHOES. OXFORD SHOES. Nothing else. I found the perfect one in a store called Esfolar but daaaamn the price was RM299 man. Though they are currently having a 50% off (which sums up to RM150 now). If you want an Oxford shoes that is sturdy and elegant-looking for that price then go ahead but if not, I found the right alternative for that. Went to Voir, which is also one of my favourite store selling things at also reasonable prices and found the closest imitation of the Oxford shoes that I wanted for HALF the price. It felt like the day was actually coming together for me.

To sum everything up... bought the earphone from Daiso cos I'm just that poor. Snacked on Subway RM1.80 cookies and Chatime for lunch... hashtag budget. Spent RM23 on the movie tix. And a brilliant RM30 on Nando's as a birthday dinner (paid half portion though). Additional RM25 was spent on Ka Mun's choker since I owe her a birthday gift from back in July woops soz guurl. And with that I end this special haul I never had with a "sorry-no-update-can't-promise-there-would-be-one-soon-enough-but-bear-with-me-please".

Xx,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.