Falcons Return

by - April 06, 2014

Last week was another busy week in my list. Softball MSSD.
This is the post where I babble about this year experience of my softball MSSD. Just so you know, it was the most fun MSSD out of all the 4 years I've been in the softball team. THIS YEAR IS NO DOUBT THE BEST!

Let's start from the top. First day. 1st April.
The tournament was held in SMK Bandar Utama with 8 schools for girls Under 18. Just before the day of our game, 2 people from our softball gang got chicken pox. Such a great timing. They are Aisyah Zull and our 'beloved' coach... meh.
And once we're at the school, I saw this girl from Taman Petaling (TP) whom I've been seeing since during perbahasan, pidato AND NOW... for softball too. Though she didn't play for her school because she was just one of the scorers but omg takde orang lain ke?
Getting to the game part. Our first game was against Damansara Damai 1 (DD1). We lost the game by 8-5 (I think). Hmm yeah we lost our FIRST game... sadly.

Second day.
We were warming up as usual throwing the ball at each other. But this time I tried throwing the ball straight from home to second base (if you don't play softball, imagine it as the distance between one end of the diamond to the opposite end of the diamond). The ball was meant to be thrown to Suraya but things got ugly. The flyball hit directly on her face specifically her nose and it bled. The blood was pouring like waterfall and of course everyone got panic. She was rushed to nearest hospital which wasn't so near. And we were informed that her nose fractured. IF YOU'RE READING THIS SURAYA I AM SO SORRY GET WELL SOON. I STILL DO FEEL BAD FOR MY FAST FLYING BALL.
We still continue our second game against TP despite the incident. We heard damn lot of people saying TP are good and stuff but once it's our turn against them... BAAAM we won 13-6. Hahah not so good huh? Then we're up against Seksyen 4 (S4). The guys wasn't that good. We know because we saw they play before. So of course we expected the girls to be about the same.
So yeaaah we were right and obvs we won. It turns out they lost all 3 of their games including with us. Wow. Sounds like us during our first year lol.

Third day. Big day.
We were qualified for the semi-final since we won two-third of the games. There are 2 groups in my district so my school is group A.The semi-final goes like this:
Johan A - Naib Johan B
Johan B - Naib Johan A
So now my school is the runner-up for group A. We're up against Tropicana who is the winner from group B. Believe me, before the game we were scared as hell. It was the first game of the day and Tropicana went for finals last year. I can hear my heartbeat race even before I let my foot inside the school.
Anyway, we got batting first. We successfully got 5 points in the first inning. And after that, fielding. Unexpectedly, we got all 3 outs BEFORE Tropicana could get any points. We were so happy at that point because we actually have a chance in getting to final. We got more points and when it's our turn fielding again we were surprisingly good because we 'killed' 3 of them unbelievably fast. BOOYEAH WE WON AND WE'RE GOING FOR FINAL OMFG!!
Guess what? We're up agains DD1 again. Urgh. And before the game I heard that the boys from DD1 is the winner for boys Under 18. Woah. Butterflies are back.
The thing is... I knew that the final is gonna be the same day BUT I DIDN'T KNOW IT'S GONNA BE 30 MINS RIGHT AFTER OUR GAME. I was damn exhausted and I could tell Shaza is too. My t-shirt literally soaked with sweat, not kidding. I went to the toilet after the semi-final and when I got back we're starting the next game. I just felt like fainting right then and there. Also for final the game was extended to 1 hour and 20 minutes which they added 20 minutes extra. Can you hear me crying?!?

We got through the finals but we lost. At least we got 2nd place. And also another team member got injured during our final game because someone pushed Andria while running and she tore her ligament on her foot that was previously injured. So many people got battlescars heh.
The last time Sri Aman got into final was when I was form 1 which was 3 years ago so this is an achievement to be proud of ok. All in all things was fine despite fractured nose, tearing of ligament and the chicken pox.

Plus, we got A LOT of praises for our jersey this year. Thanks to Suraya for the beautiful piece!

FALCONS KAKAAAH!!
It's missing the 1 in 1-4-3 oops
Xx,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.