Leaving the nest!

by - April 14, 2024

I have some news to share~ 

Finally, it's time to have a change of environment. The news is I'm quitting my fresh grad job and moving to a new city an hour away from my house for my new job! It's super exciting and it's happening in less than a month from now!


One of my life goals is to move out of my parents house. I've been saving up for that since earning my first paycheck. In the mean time, I've becoming more comfortable doing big things alone like solo travelling and going to concert on my own. It feels nice whenever I have the chance to be independent.

Since my college days, I realized that I discover more things about myself while being away from home. As someone who rarely goes back home and always pinching pennies during my studies, I love the kind of experience it gave, although that student life have long ended. 

I'm older now and I no longer have to pinch pennies, but once I get married and have children, I might never get to experience living on my own, so I knew it's something I wanted to do while I'm in my 20s. Kinda reliving the college days but as someone more mature.

I'm moving to a city within Selangor itself where there's also connection to MRT nearby, so the place is not totally foreign to me. Even so, it's my first time actually living by myself (I will have housemates but they're just people I'm sharing rent with). I'm about to find out how responsible I'd be to cook and clean by myself without my mum's help.

Now about my new job. 

It came to me by surprise tbh. I applied for the job around November last year. This was the last job application I sent out before pausing my job hunt. I actually experienced one of my worst interview ever at the time, which made me feel completely worthless and lead me to second guess all the work experiences I had.

Suddenly, I got a call from this company few months later - right when I forgot I applied.  Afterwards, the few rounds of interview went smoothly and I got an offer a month later - sometime in March. 

To be frank, it was my first successful interview and my first job offer as an experienced hire. I didn't have options to compare while I was considering the offer. But bcos I was lowkey desperate to leave my current role, I accepted it. 

Me during the face-to-face interview (peek the company on the tag hehe)
I no longer have a heart working for my current company and I desperately needed a change so this offer came at the perfect timing. It would be stupid of me to say no, especially knowing how hard it is to even land an offer. Despite the interview being so technical yet I still manage to proof myself without feeling looked down upon (unlike my previous interview), I knew this place is worth a try. 

I really felt like Allah has answered my prayers in both my job hunt and my life goal. Alhamdulillah to everything for falling into place. 

I'm praying I could stay at this job for the next 2 years or so before moving on to my actual dream industry - the banking industry.

Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.