Boring-but-productive Quarantine

by - May 13, 2020

It's weird that I've not been on my laptop as much as I used to since the Movement Control Order (MCO) started. My friends and I were staying away from our families for a good month before I was allowed to go back home. Honestly, it didn't bother me much, because things wouldn't have been so different anyway. We even had fun on certain nights (movies, UNO, poker) and cold war on others HAHAH what a fun time staying at home with your other close friends.

The most expected thing is that I have been EXTREMELY lazy staying at home. I missed so many submissions oh god. But now that online classes officially started, I've been keeping all my submissions in track. Semester will end while we're at home and idk how to feel about this. 

On the bright side, I've managed to do the things that I've been putting off, thanks to the MCO.

First of all, I now can cook myself! I am so used to buying cafeteria food while on campus that it feels weird stocking up actual groceries to prepare for every meal. I get sick of the same dishes the more that I prepare them. But thank God for foodie accounts, my cooking ideas are always expanding due to it.

Secondly, I made a fan account on IG - a kpop fan account I shall not say who's hahah. Not gonna lie, commitments are scary. Fan accounts are the most up-to-date source of information - which I am far from being. But I convinced myself that I should at least try and do it for my own sake and see how long it would last. It has been almost 7 weeks since I made the account (March 28th) and I currently have 88 videos uploaded. My insights are showing me decent stats too so I'm trying to keep it up with at least one post a day. MCO is indeed a good starting point as I have all the time that I need to edit and upload.

Thirdly, I watched my first 50-eps drama! I have NEVER even thought of doing this if it wasn't for MCO. It's a drama that one of my ult group - A.C.E, made an OST for, called "Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life". The casts are good and the plot is very family-friendly, but the drama is lengthy indeed. I'm glad the pace isn't too slow. I managed to binge 20 eps the first week of MCO and slowed down after I made that fan account.

Forth, I marathoned the all-time favourite movie series ever - Harry Potter. I watched a movie a night for 8 consecutive nights. Now, I finally understood why HP is so famous... J.K Rowling is indeed a genius! British English and HP terms had me googling a lot that I'm glad I watch them with subtitles. If the movie first came out while I was in high school, I wouldn't have put it off so late. My Standard 4 self never understood a thing back then lol.

Lastly, I'm trying to get back on learning Korean grammar. When I went to Korea last summer, I actually bought a poetry book in Korean. I wanted to improve my grammar in a way that won't be too boring. But it's been months since I've left off... I just hope my motivation stays alive for at least til the MCO is over next month.

Here's to staying at home. And... never-ending submissions hmm.


Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.