Officially stanning another group!!

by - June 03, 2019

Heavy fangirling ahead!!! Read at your own cringe.

I feel like shedding a tear writing this. I never thought I would stan another group so fast since iKON. Fun fact: Infinite was my 1st, EXO was my 2nd and I kinda supported Boys Republic for a bit but they stopped promoting idk why so I kinda lost interest, then I thought I was gonna be an ahgase, but in the end I partially did (idk why my heart detoured on GOT7 hahah). So iKON is the latest stan I had since 2017.

Let me clear up some terms. So stanning a group in my dictionary means not only listen to their title songs but also listening to as much of their albums like as a daily dose of music, watching fancams on music shows and concerts, watching variety shows (loads and loads of them), started following official and fan accounts on IG, learning from the start about each of the member and actually try to love all of them... even though biases are always gonna be on top of the chart, and just finding myself crying and laughing with them.

I actually realised a lot of things about myself this time I am falling for another boy group.

1) There are not many '98 liners and with this few, I never thought I would fall for another one other than Chanwoo (iKON). Cos I always go for older guys.
2) I tend to not like or stay away from dark or 'serabut' concepts. I don't wanna name any groups but there are many that I haven't tried to listen to bcos of this fact.
3) I don't like over-hyped groups after they are hyped. I like to keep my fav idols to myself #clingy
4) It is easier to stan groups that you can feel attached through an emotional level.
5) My love can't be forced, the more I am forced into liking anyone, the more I'd hate them lol

So the group that I am stanning (pretty much hardcore at this rate) is PENTAGON!! Hahaha I haven't been opening up myself to younger groups yet. I still need to have an oppa in the group lol.

There are so many things that I love about them but let me tell you what makes me love them;

1) Their latest songs are bright and upbeat

Lately, I am so into those kind of songs. Like those saturated colours and funky outfits in their MV, it just brightens up my mood. It started from Shine (shocking much) then Naughty Boy and now SHA LA LA. I don't see myself backing out on these gems any time soon.

2) Hui reminds me of Hanbin. KINO reminds me of Donghyuk. Jinho reminds me of Jinan.

I know I shouldn't compare but I love how I see the similarities in them. FYI, Hui, KINO and Jinho are my biases and I love how they're always in a frame cos #shortpeopleprobs. But Hui and Hanbin are two (in my eyes) great and talented leaders. They are charismatic and full of ideas. A leader who leads with passion and talent, I can see their love towards their team members and that what attracts me the most.

KINO is my first bias (still is) lol. Like how Donghyuk was my first in iKON. They both look so hot dancing. I just have a soft spot for cute main dancers. KINO is another impressive soul. He is a maknae line and unlike other maknae line, he leads together with Hui and I love to have his motivation. And most of all, I love how sensitive he gets hahahah jk (not).

Jinho is another talented hyung. Like Jinan, he is what makes PENTAGON strong. He bonds all of them together and takes good care of them. I could go on and on about each of the members but I LOVE THEIR LOVE FOR EACH OTHER. If iKON has Hanbin, Bobby and Jinhwan, Pentagon has Hui, KINO and Jinho as their main trio. I am a sucker for these trios.

And about the fact iKON had Hongseok competing in MIX & MATCH and he ended up losing. I now realised, I love Hongseok. I am sorry for all my previous misconceptions on him but I'm really glad he didn't quit. He had so much potential up his sleeves for people to see. He looks attractive on stage and he may be a terrible dancer in Pentagon, but is he a flop? NO WAY, HONGSEOK REMEMBER DANCES BETTER THAN ANY OF THE MEMBERS. Why is he even the worse dancer?! He is genuine in what he does and I love how much he is loved in Pentagon. I feel bad he didn't get in iKON but Pentagon really suits him personality-wise. He even sounds better through Pentagon's musics. Not kidding, Pentagon vocals are more suited for BTOB-kind-of-ballads, not YG-kind-of-ballads.

3) I fell for 'Genius' like how I fell for 'Climax'

I'm sorry to iKONIC and Universe, but I have more to compare them with oops. They share so many similarities which I love, so bear with me. Both self-composed songs tell about their hardships and mentions about their parents. It really softens me to hear that part of the song. It is through these songs that makes me feel connected most.

4) I don't like their old songs, but bcos they're old, I love them

This might not make perfect sense but their old songs tend to be very jumpy and have darker concepts in terms of visual, so if you ask me 2-3 years ago, whether I'd like them... I'd probably say no HAHAH. Same goes to iKON, 'Bling Bling' and 'B-DAY' was a bit too much. But if you ask me now, iKON's 'Bling Bling' and PENTAGON's 'Can You Feel It' are my ultimate jam!

5) Their performances are so fun to watch

I remember how 'Shine' was such a hit bcos of the dance and E'Dawn's makeup. I guess that time is when I realise how entertaining their dances are. Looking at 'Naughty Boy' and 'SHA LA LA', these are just some of their fun performances. 'Spring Snow' and 'Round 1' are my latest favourite performances by them. But don't worry, they had many fun performances even before I knew about them so that means, they'll have more in the future for new Universe like me!!

Their "fun" performances are really something I've never felt nor seen before. Like they have this cute vibe and strong energy that applies to every single one of them, even the expressionless Yuto on stage and that makes me so happy seeing them have that much fun. Plus their choreos are too cuteee and they're just everything that I like.

------

Yeaa that would be it for my points about these boys. I don't wanna make y'all puke from my fangirling. So now I have an update that relates to my future plan.

In case, you haven't heard, PENTAGON is having a world tour aaand Msia is not in the list (boohoo). Did you know? After they released their world tour poster, I literally searched for tweets regarding their world tour locations beforehand even though I know damn well, nobody knows about anything. I just wanted to have some glimmer of hope that they'll come here, but in the end... hmmm.

Bcos I am like falling so hard for them right now, I kinda am planning to go to their concert in Singapore instead. Don't kill me but I just had to! I told my roommate after they released the world tour locations that I might do this, but she didn't think I was being serious. And 2 weeks later, I told her about my plan and she was surprised that I was all serious. I even checked the flight tickets and all lolol. But don't worry, I found a cheaper option and I am safely planning it. I'm praying I can really do this... amiinn.

P.S. Check out my last update out of the 3. It's gonna be a big surprise ;)


Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.