A Start of LI Story

by - June 28, 2018

Greetings from an office girl who's eating her tuna sandwich when everybody's out for lunch. Hashtag takretisocial.



Started my first day of intern the day before before yesterday (25/6) and today's the fourth. Fun fun fun. No. Well the place is nice. Small but not too boring. A different environment. Everyone here mostly brings own laptops. It's a non-bumiputera company meaning many of them aren't Malay. Malay is such a minority that the surau is literally made up of 2 cupboards forming an 'L-shape' against the wall just so it can fit a sejadah. Told my mum bout it and she told me, "Kira baik lagi la ada 'surau' kat your kind of company. Most companies like that takde pun surau tau."

K ma.

They have a pantry. Got oven, fridge, coffee machine and all we can take for free. Haa makan la makan banyak-banyak time kerja. Pastu jangan gi tandas asyik buang air jerr *points finger at self*.

Gladly, they have a lot of interns here... surprisingly. It's a small company so all departments are basically breathing the same air. But the place isn't square so we can't really observe everyone. There is a girl I like to look at though. She is a graphic design intern and like my graphic designer friend, her vibes is truly similar. The way she dress, the fact she owns a Macbook and a Kanken and just her presence in general. I'm just interested on how graphic designers work... It seems really cool.

Unlike me, an IT-but-soon-to-be-a-marketing intern who have to perform data entry and be a true office worker. I like the fact I get to run away from coding and the IT part I used to see a lot in uni. I get to learn marketing stuff now. Very interesting in my perspective. Yea ofc I would like to learn more on coding but tbh, I kinda wanna take that slow and not hurt my pea brain so much during this 10 weeks of my sem break.

On the bright side, I get to do lots and lots of research which is also what I am good at. My whole experience of landing the job was to do exactly that anyway. Customising each and every resume to fit the applied company and later learning about them for the interview. Sokay gurl, I got this.

Also, knowing more about the platforms this company use and at the same time be more knowledgeable in the current technological growth. My supervisor is fairly nice but she is always busy so she asked another person to handle me whenever she couldn't. So technically I got 2 supervisors, which can be confusing at first since I have to ensure both parties are aware of what I'm doing.

Everything else is nice. So far, I like this kind of working life. Definitely different from my other part time jobs which require loads of labour work and social interaction smh. 

I'm now stressing on a little bit of researching and calling people up, but still fairly simple tasks. Next week I'll be shifting to other more research task so hopefully it gets interesting. Also, I was told my company is having a campaign in August and since I'll be here til then who knows maybe I'll also be involved in a REAL office project?! Later, if it turns out great I can include it in my resume as well... maybe? Hopefully, insyaAllah.


Dropping by,
Melynn.

On an end note, here's a toilet notice I read after dropping my bomb in that particular toilet.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.