Remapping that Grade

by - September 16, 2017

Did I ever tell you that I've NEVER attended an award ceremony for my academic achievements at school?? Yeah I'm that unappreciated. But I did received multiple appreciation for my extra-curricular, so I'm all good guys.

A day before my first academic award ceremony, which was held on Wednesday the 13th, I received a pdf of the namelist of people who received Dean's list within my faculty from my class' chat group. I saw it. I opened it. Found my name. Got all proud. Then forget it all by the following day. Or even within just a couple minutes. Wasn't just me right?

I literally thought that namelist was simply to claim our certificates. Nothing more. Boy, was I wrong. I went to class wearing a mere faculty shirt the next morning, nothing fancy only to find out it's an award CEREMONY. /shock

I had no time to go back to my room and get changed so meh, I yolo-ed. Though I've probably had looked non-surprisingly messy, but I could've been wayyy out of place with anything lesser so I felt good enough. 

The ceremony was due for the past 3 semesters, so my faculty combined all the recipients and it totaled up to around 400 achievers for that event. Among all, I was one of them. Out of all the semesters, I only received for one and it was for my first semester lol. At least got something laa.

*tears of blessed*
I wasn't that proud because I felt like I got away with it by luck, not so much of effort. But this event sparks a little excitement for me to go further in academics. I may have not been a top student back in the day. I might never have worked hard like everybody else, but at least now I know I can. Cos I literally just did! Anyone else can, trust me. Their way and my way will never look exactly the same. I can't believe it took me so long to make my own recipe for this. Just like how I should be doing in my studies.

Getting a Dean's list is probably nothing. A perfect pointer might seemed pointless 5 years from now on (#punintended), but it at least would mean something special as a mark to the beginning of a long run. I wanna dream big, because deep inside I know I can achieve them someday insya'Allah. I wanna live loving what I do and blessed for doing so. I'm not gonna limit myself to other people's wishes anymore... They're getting tiring to deal with.

"Betulkan yang biasa, biasakan yang betul"

Gotta stick with my plan. If it failed, I'll just re-map the way. Done. Let's live that faithful life from now on shall we?


Dropping by,
Melynn.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your thoughts are much appreciated! TQ.